What's new

Turok 3 - Shadow of Oblivion (U) [!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryantonline

Old School 1964
All kinds of bugs in emu and plugins, have pics. will travel.

Name: bryantonline
Date: 10/26/03
1964 Version: Nineteen64 2003-10-25 PRIVATE

Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP1
Processor: Intel Pentium III
Processor Speed: 800MHz
BUS Speed: 133MHz
Amount of Memory: 256MB PC133
Graphics Accelerator Card: GeForce4 Ti4800SE
Audio Card: Soundblaster Audigy

Plugin Settings:

Video:
Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0
Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.1

Audio:
Schibo's Audio Plugin 1.2 based on UltraHLE

Input:
N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.82a

RSP:
None

}}}}} Bug#1 {{{{{

Describe the Problem:
Turok 3 - Shadow of Oblivion (U) [!] Runs, Graphical errors, including Screen too dark,

weapon dissapears when you lean forward, Arrows seem to not shoot right i.e. too low, lines through cutscenes, Crosshair is blackened out in a square, and the start screen is flashing. The default CF of 3 causes the game to lock up, yet does not affect 1964. CF of 4 makes the game run without lockup. The game is Non-Playable!

How to Make this Problem Happen:
Run the game with default settings.

How Often Does this Problem Happen? [Rarely; Sometimes; Often; Always]:
Always

Rate the Problem [Not Serious; A Minor Distraction; Annoying; Urgent]:
Annoying/Urgent?

Trotterwatch

Yep

, Graphical errors, including Screen too dark,

Looks ok with Jabos, and nearly perfect from initial testing with Rices.

Arrows seem to not shoot right i.e. too low

You have played this game before right? Try holding down the fire button to draw the arrows back before shooting :)

lines through cutscenes

Haven't noticed that in my initial testings.

Crosshair is blackened out in a square

Looks fine to me.

and the start screen is flashing

Looks fine to me also.

The default CF of 3 causes the game to lock up, yet does not affect 1964. CF of 4 makes the game run without lockup. The game is Non-Playable!

It does indeed lock up at CF3, CF1 seems to run fine though from what I played. I would consider this game to be playable at the moment, got to test it fully later though.

I will post again later.

Sound isn't present for me though (it disappeared upon reloading a save).

OP
B

bryantonline

Old School 1964
Game is playable with Jabo's 1.5.1 yes, but it still has the lines through the cutscenes. ANd as for Rice's 5.2.0 these screenshots, if the forum will let me post them, are what I get using it.

Trotterwatch

Now check these out then Bryant...

First 6 with Rices D3D - the latter 2 needed minor settings changes to look like they did. In game is near flawless, except for some characters appearing on screen when you are moving around (like they appear thru walls, all white or all psychadadlic).

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Here is the 6th D3D picture, plus a shot of in game using OpenGL - this looks pretty much flawless, except the cursor seemingly randomly changes,(never to a complete black block though, unless normal combiner is ticked) and the energy bar is black.

Jabos runs the game flawless, except for cut scenes.

Last edited:
OP
B

bryantonline

Old School 1964
Still having the same problems after deleting the registry entries. The problem is mostly with D3D, but I am still having problems with OpenGL too. The D3D is still having the same problems as above, and the OpenGL is still not showing the characters in character select.

Duncan

N64 Addict
Few things to note:

1) DO NOT use the lastest Detonator drivers, not a good thing, use the latest Certified drivers.

2) Try switching your "Combiner Type" to "High End Video Card", IF you using the "For Nvidia TNT/TNT2/GForce Or Better" setting as quite a few people had bad results from using it, and the "High End Video Card" seems to solve alot of probs (black/white boxes, textures not showing correctly, etc.)

Rice

Emulator Developer
The Nvidia TNT/TNT2/Geforce combiner is for TNT/TNT2/Geforce/Geforce2 MX cards, not for Geforce2 TI or later and better ones.

Rice

Emulator Developer
bryantonline

Why do you have normal blender and normal combiner enabled? They are the worst options, supposed to be used only if you have the worst video card. By using them, you are not even using any valid combiner and blender.

Move you moust pointer over these two options to read more about them.

Rice

Emulator Developer
bryantonline

You'd better to use the official RiceDaedalus5.1.0.ini to overwrite your own one.

OP
B

bryantonline

Old School 1964
OK, Rice, I got it fixed. Thanks to all who put their 2cents in. Thanks Rice for pointing out the combiner stuff. THanks Trotter for helping me with this too by posting pics I can compare to. My pics should now look the same. Now I can continue my testing with Rice's plugin, with a renewed vigor. Now that I know how to work it properly with DirectX.

Status
Not open for further replies.