ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Emu Version: 2003-12-05

Plugins:
Jabos Direct3d6 1.5
Schibo's Audio Plugin 1.2
N-Rages DirectInput8 V2 1.82a

Problem:
In game the game crashes randomly, this is with both the 32bit and the 64bit core, I managed to get it to happen 3 times.

I tried without CP1 unusable exceptions and the game crashed during the introduction scene and had high pitched sounds.

How often does it happen:
Its random, theres no guarentee when it will happen

How did I make it happen:
After the introdution cutscene, I played for a while in game, the game just totally locks up, and the emu sometimes does also.

Rate the problem:
Very Annoying and Urgent.

System:
Amd Athlon XP 2000+
512MB ram
Geforce4MX 440
Sound Blaster Live
Windows XP Professional

Last edited:
OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Turok 3 suffers from random crash symtoms as well, so does Banjo-Tooie

Trotterwatch

Random crashes using the new version? With CP1 unusables set to On (and not loading from a previously used save state?)

The Turok 2 bug is confirmed as still being present using the latest version (20th Dec).

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Odd, I'll have to check Turok 3 later.

Turok 2 bug is in hand, and I believe Schibo has already made a fix available to Rice for inclusion in the next build.

schibo

Emulator Developer
Trotterwatch said:
Odd, I'll have to check Turok 3 later.

Turok 2 bug is in hand, and I believe Schibo has already made a fix available to Rice for inclusion in the next build.

Turok 3 does not crash with Assume 32bit = Yes.

I guess that is either a 64bit problem or a buffer overrun problem I will look into it.

Trotterwatch

I am now on the 2nd part of the game (after beating the 1st level boss). I can confirm since switching to assume 32bit, I have not had one crash.