What's new

Transparency Issues

trentadams

Well the thread name says most everything, but I just got version 1.4 and it fixed some of my poblems that I was having with zelda 64 but now transparency doesn't work on sprite images like fences that you should be able to see between each board appear a flat color. I got an older pc, but I'm not sure thats the problem. Any help...well...helps.
:hrm:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
trentadams said:
Well the thread name says most everything, but I just got version 1.4 and it fixed some of my poblems that I was having with zelda 64 but now transparency doesn't work on sprite images like fences that you should be able to see between each board appear a flat color. I got an older pc, but I'm not sure thats the problem. Any help...well...helps.
:hrm:

Try Turning on Normal Blending....

Smiff

Emutalk Member
bad advice. i can't see your spec, maybe cos ive got sigs off, but its your system.

OP
T

trentadams

hmmm

Well forcing normal blending cause even worse problems. If it is my system how come transparency worked fine when I had ver 1.3? That doesn't seem to make sense. As for my system Its basically a compaq presario with a celeron processor and I got no idea what graphics card. What did compaq usually put in them like 3 years ago? Man...I'm such a n00b...

YuRiNk4

I also have this transparency prob

In some games, like Star Fox, Mario Kart, Zelda or Castlevania, I have this problem, too.

Some sprites, like the smoke of the karts (Mario Kart) or the fire of the space ships (Star Fox) shows a plain color instead the transparency.

I have the last version of all (PJ64 emu, Jabo's plugins, etc), and I tried changing all the video plugin configurations.

I tried putting Jabo's pluging in Nemu and it shows the same probrem. When I tried whit the Nemu's plugin in Nemu it shows ok the transparency, but this plugin doesn't work in PJ64.

I have a AMD XP 1600+, DDR 512, ATI Radeon 8500 OEM and Windows XP Professional (it has the Directx 8.1).

Can anybody help me?

OP
T

trentadams

YES! I'm not the only one!

Well atleast i know now that i am not the only one that this happens to. I think mine is, like Smiff said, based on my graphics card. I checked the gamefaq after he said that was the problem then i checked what my graphics card was. Its a intel 810 which the gamefaq mentions as below minimum requirements. Still if anyone has fixed this problem tell me. Also when I turned on normal blending It did fix transparency but it makes things transparent that shouldn't be, such as the floor. Not fully transparent, but noticable enough. Well thats it! Cya.
:pj64:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Re: YES! I'm not the only one!

trentadams said:
Well atleast i know now that i am not the only one that this happens to. I think mine is, like Smiff said, based on my graphics card. I checked the gamefaq after he said that was the problem then i checked what my graphics card was. Its a intel 810 which the gamefaq mentions as below minimum requirements. Still if anyone has fixed this problem tell me. Also when I turned on normal blending It did fix transparency but it makes things transparent that shouldn't be, such as the floor. Not fully transparent, but noticable enough. Well thats it! Cya.

Well, Duh. I have an Intel Chipset too.... Ek! No Wonder it is crappy, I had 4.10.1998 Drivers.... Now I have 5.2000.0 That Microsoft gave me :cry: I have to find these now.. ???

vbremaud

Re: YES! I'm not the only one!

trentadams said:

I have the same problem, but I am using an ATI All in wonder. I tried to activate the Reference Rasterizer to see if it is a problem specific to the card but it is not activated and I didn't find how to activate it.
If anyone know how to activate it, or to correct the problem, please tell me.

Thanks by advance :)

YuRiNk4

aaarghhh

I downloaded it and I activated Rasterized. It fixed the transparency problem, but it moves too sloooow, like 10-20fps, when I use it.

When I use HAL instead, it moves at 60fps (NTSC games) or 50fps (PAL) activating almost all. And HAL doesn't show me the sprite transparencies.

Do you have the same problem?
What Can I do :plain: ?

Please help me!! I love Star Fox and Mario Kart and I can't play them succesfully.

P.D. : In my 'Mecha Godzilla' F-Zero X runs at 1280x w/ all activated at 60Hz!!!:colgate:

Last edited:

Slougi

Re: I also have this transparency prob

YuRiNk4 said:
I tried putting Jabo's pluging in Nemu and it shows the same probrem. When I tried whit the Nemu's plugin in Nemu it shows ok the transparency, but this plugin doesn't work in PJ64.
:plain: How the hell did you do that?

YuRiNk4

I think that putting the file of PJ64's video plugin on the Nemu plugin folder, and activating it on the Nemu options.

I don't remember so well.

Please, try to help me (read the other posts)

Epic64

Well what can I say?
Not exactly! I have heard stories of a beta existing that uses zilmars spec for the graphics in Nemu. Maybe he has a beta or something!

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Unless you have a special Nemu beta...

... it's not possible. Look at the error for yourself. Different junk called in the DLLs.

YuRiNk4

It's possible that Nemu wasn't the emu where I used the plugin.
It was a long time ago, as I said, I don't remember it so well.

And remember the problem of velocity that I have using ref. raster.. Please, try to help me. ;)

Thank you in advance!:)

Last edited:

Glurak

Epic64 said:
Not exactly! I have heard stories of a beta existing that uses zilmars spec for the graphics in Nemu. Maybe he has a beta or something!

yah but he doesn't sound like a nemu betatester ;)

YuRiNk4

Of course I'm not.

Obviously a beta-tester shouldn't have this stupid (it seems) problem.???

I'm not a newbie-lamer of the emuscene (I'm here since the age of Nesticle/Genecyst/Callus/Rage). But my old PC doesn't support N64 emulation. A few months ago I bought my new computer (see the other post to see the specs), that -of course- supports it.

If I ask is because I readed all the related FAQs, .txt and related forums and I doesn't finded a solution to this problem, that is the only one that I have and anywhere (at least that I know) says that it is a knowed problem of the emu.

Last edited:

RJA

The PC Wiz
Trent Adams

If Direct3D HAL lacks transperancies, but RGB emulation and
reference rasterizer look OK, it's your video card.