What's new

TR64 Ogl ver 0.8.2

icepir8

Here is version 0.8.2 of my Ogl plugin.

I have increased speed a little more.

I have inreased the max sizes of testures I use for rendering I hope this doesn't cause problems for lower end video card users.

I fixed several texture issues with Zelda MoM.

I will be releasing a new Texture dumping plugin soon also.

Clements

Turok - Not bad at all, the health etc. are in place, but the fog isn't emulated yet (if you Enable fog, no graphics are displayed!) and those difficult wall textures are not right.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
New version of texture dumping plugin you say!!!!!!! oh oh oh oh oh oh can you make it dump verts too???? into different formats or just into RAW format!?!?!?! huh huh can ya???????????? :phone:

torra

Will there be a linux version coming out? If not, will you be posting the source? I'm eager to mess around with it.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Clements

Can you give some positive feedbacks? We know there are problems and the plugin is far from perfect, but too much negative feedbacks will discourage the author.

Negative feedbacks should be reported as problems, not as general impression of the whole thing. And problems are also very dependent on different configurations. I am pretty sure that there are many many good things of this plugin over other plugins.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Rice said:
Clements

Can you give some positive feedbacks? We know there are problems and the plugin is far from perfect, but too much negative feedbacks will discourage the author.

Negative feedbacks should be reported as problems, not as general impression of the whole thing. And problems are also very dependent on different configurations. I am pretty sure that there are many many good things of this plugin over other plugins.

How about the author giving some guidelines on what he wants as a feedback. There're propably tons of things that are not right and not supported and (s)he knows that and don't want to hear it. I think that everybody here wants to help improve things where they can. At least i do.

PS. ice congrats for another release.
Here's my constructive (=negative?) feedback: Fullscreen is suppose to work, right? if i remember correctly it works on my home comp (ati 9100) but on my work comp it doesn't (Win2000 Matrox G450 @ 1600x1200 32bit). It goes to fullscreen but everything is black and i can hear the music playing. if i alt-tab back to windowed the music starts repeating a couple mseconds loop and PJ64's menu appears on the top of the screen full screens width and PJ64 freezes.

milen

This plugin is the only one Opengl plugin that works right with my Voodoo3. Thanks Ice. Only 20-30% more speed and it'll be one of my favourites

Riven

Well, clements begin telling PD camspy effect is perfect, no other plugin has that emulated, I think this is good :)
Then he showed problems on some games, telling things solved and other things not solved, I think this is good and I think Clements is a good help for a plugin coder.
It's obvious that a lot of problems are also from the emulator and everyone that post problems have to differentiate between plugin and emulator problems.

L

Linkin Park

whoa!:happy:
its fast on my crap machine! cool!!!!!:happy:

Clements

I am being a bit negative, so on the plus side, all the problems I've shown are minor graphical glitches and the games bar a few are all fully playable at full speed.

The plugins advantage over others is its simplicity, all you have to do is change the uCode when playing a new game and thats it. No 'emulate clear' or 'force filtered rendering' etc. to worry about, so its difficult to misuse the plugin.

Game-wise, this plugin is the future for PD- no plugin other than Jabos runs this game that I've tried, and as are Diddy Kong Racing and Donkey Kong 64 are emulated well, so the compatability is nearly as good as Jabos, and all of my games successfully start. This provides a firm ground to make enhancements to speed and accuracy.

I am seeing improvements with each release, so the issues raised are becoming increasingly minor.

Rice

Emulator Developer
I don't think there is a clear line between negative feedback and positive suggestions and problem reports. And I believe most authors would like to get committed and appreciated to the hard job they have done for each release, not be feedbacked with the attitude with something like "Damn, this thing does not work for me. Nothing is correct, it is worthless". Remember emu authors enjoy their work, do it free for everyone, and are willing to share their happiness with everyone. The key thing is HAPPINESS, they would like to be happy with what they have done, and would like to happy everyone happy. If there is no one happy with what they have done, why they want to do it and they will stop doing it.

I think it is the time to give Icepir8 a little bit pushing.

We want the tr64ogl to support automatic ucode detecting. It is headache to manually set ucode for each game.
We want tr64ogl to automatically resize the window size to a normal size, not leave the window size unchanged as the window of rom browser.

Great release, keep up.

Rice

Slougi

Other advantages is that this runs very well on Linux too, it is very stable, and overall gives a very balanced imoression :) But ucode autodetection would rock!