What's new

Top Gear Overdrive (U) [!] is Now Playable!

bryantonline

Old School 1964
Top Gear Overdrive (U) [!] is now playable with these settings for me.. I yanked them around, according to Karth, and this game is now playable. Sorry for the short and to the point sentence, but I am excited. These are the screenshots of the settings, and in game screens. Sound is a little rough.

Rice

Emulator Developer
I cannot understand that "Check DWORD" is working better for this game than "Protected memory".

karth95

Lord of the Cats
well, the honest truth is that some of those settings are not necessary, but I'll be playing with it throughout the day to see how standard I can get the settings before it stops working.

OP
B

bryantonline

Old School 1964
I didn't play with it before I took the screenshot, I was in a hurry to leave when I got it to work.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
This is another game like Taz Express that can only be booted with Rice Vid Plugin & no other vid.

Top Gear Hyper Bike also works

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Top Gear Hyperbike hangs on me at the selection of the racer each time, but I get further then any other plugin I have tried.

Gent

Administrator
LazerTag said:
Top Gear Hyperbike hangs on me at the selection of the racer each time, but I get further then any other plugin I have tried.
I have no hangng at all on these settings below

Properties

Gent

Administrator
In Game With Rices plug & {}:{ 3D analyze

Rice i wish you would add a Readeon Card hack Option to force SW TnL / emulate HW TnL caps

Gent

Administrator
Rice said:
Textures look ugly. I guess other plugins will do better.

as karth says yours is the only one that will boot both Hyper Bike & overdrive just like taz Express.

Plus if you load the games from a save on other vid plugs they will hang

Rice

Emulator Developer
That's strange. If it loads in 5.2.0, it should also load in 5.1.0 since there isn't any core changes from 5.2.0 to 5.1.0.

And we are not using "RSP/RDP Timing" option in 1964.exe for this game, other plugins should work if it works in my plugin. (I don't understand, but I guess it doesn't matter very much.)

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I may be wrong about the 5.1.0 thing, and probably am. I can guarantee you that after a near-exhaustive session of trying alternate gfx plugins, none work.

Gent

Administrator
Rice said:
Textures look ugly. I guess other plugins will do better.

You think that looks bad see the pic without 3d Analyze.

Rice said:
other plugins should work if it works in my plugin. (I don't understand, but I guess it doesn't matter very much.)

I think it matters to the radeon users Rice who get a better performance from other Vid plugins I speak from experience

Last edited: