What's new

Tony Hawk PS 2

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Not sure if these gfx errors are typical or if it's just my machine. I love Chankast and I'm very impressed with how well it performs with commercial games. And even with these gfx glitches, the game seems to run at almost full speed all the time, except the rare occasion that it slows down just a tad. All in all I'm loving it, and this is only a question of curiosity, and not of criticism, just so I know if possibly I may have something configured wrong. Thanks for the emu, it's been a blast seeing my old games come alive again on my pc.
1.JPG

2.JPG

loopsider

generalplot said:
Not sure if these gfx errors are typical or if it's just my machine. I love Chankast and I'm very impressed with how well it performs with commercial games. And even with these gfx glitches, the game seems to run at almost full speed all the time, except the rare occasion that it slows down just a tad. All in all I'm loving it, and this is only a question of curiosity, and not of criticism, just so I know if possibly I may have something configured wrong. Thanks for the emu, it's been a blast seeing my old games come alive again on my pc.
1.JPG

2.JPG

looks like font tileset error? try earlier versions.

BTW:love that sig lol :happy:

OP
General Plot

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Well, my sig is right up my alley. Anyways, I'll try the older ones and see what happens. Thanks

MAD_BOY

weird guy
use 0.2 old GFX version, it works without the annoying glitches, and yes, in 0.25 it is normal to have that

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
No try the v0.1 because some more speed, but then the old gfx too.
Probably the next version have the option to change the gfx plugin so we can play THPS2 with the new versions.
BTW: your sig and your Desktop image are great. Nice girl. WHO is it?

Last edited:
OP
General Plot

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Hey, thanks MasterPhW, I'll give 1.0 a shot and see how it goes, hopefully, Tony Hawk won't disappear on me like the second screen shot shows. And my sig is right up my alley. As for the girl on my desktop, she is a Japanese pop singer, the biggest one today there. Her name is Ayumi Hamasaki. You can find more pictures, song lyrics (both Japanese Romaji and English translations), and links on my site I have listed on my profiles. The site is still under construction, but the links to her lyrics, links and pictures work. I'm new to posting on this forum, but I've been coming in and reading it for about 8 months now, so I'm not really new to the forum BTW. And so you know, your PC isn't that lowend, I know some people that are still trying to get by with P2 systems, lolz. Anyways, thanks again.

OP
General Plot

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Stezo2k said:
yeah :) btw I was only joking about the avatar, it's just i'm a bit of an AMD fanboy when it comes to CPUs....
I know you were only joking, but then I'm not an ad campaign for Intel either, so it's better to change it, lolz. :p

IceWarm

This game plays at very good speeds on the .25 version of Chankast for me. The graphical glitches make it tough to play though. No big deal, I can play it on my real Dreamcast. :)

OP
General Plot

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
IceWarm said:
This game plays at very good speeds on the .25 version of Chankast for me. The graphical glitches make it tough to play though. No big deal, I can play it on my real Dreamcast. :)

Yeah, it runs at just about full speed in 0.25, except for, as you mentioned, graphic errors, especially bad in the High School level. I've got a real Dreamcast too, but to see this game run on my lcd screen would be cool. With as compatible as this emu is already, I'm sure it won't be long before the DC is fully emulated.

IceWarm

Yeah, the graphical errors for this game in 0.25 are pretty bad. Like seeing through walls and stuff.