What's new

To The Developers: Project64 on PSP

icedragn43

Would you guys be interested in porting your fine emulator to the PSP? Currently StrmnNrmn is porting his Daedalus to the PSP.. but it isn't looking any better than Daedalus for the PC, if the latest version is 0.7b, then it has all the same graphical glitches in paper Mario, Zelda, etc.

If you are not interested, I see that you have available to the public the source code for PJ64 1.4, is that all one would need to begin porting it to the psp?

Thanks guys, it would be so sweet to have either PJ64, or 1964 on the PSP. I'd prefer Pj64, tho, as it has given me the best stability, speed, and sound.

Thanks,

- icedragn43

CF2

Pretends to make sense
All of you people crying for a PJ64 PSP port have to realize that this isn't going to happen. PJ64 is far too slow to run on a PSP. Why do you think Daedalus is the only emulator that has been ported? Daedalus has a highly optimized core, and it still only gets about 10FPS ingame. Even if the PSP was x86 based (that's the architecture that most PCs use), PJ64 would still be slow to the point of unusability due to the PSP's lack of processing power. If any other emulator should be ported to the PSP, it's 1964 (faster, open source). Still, such a port would require a ridiculous amount of optimization and rewriting of the core. Oh yeah, and the graphics/sounds/input plugins would essentially have to be completely rewritten. To sum this up, PJ64 as you know it would be lost in this process. My advice to you would be to focus on fixing the problems with Daedalus, or start a completely new N64 emulator for the PSP. PJ64 on the PSP makes absolutely zero sense.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Why waste their time porting their emulator that can barely run on a machine twice the speed of the PSP, when they can just keep developing for the PC? The answer: Screw that. Tough luck it aint gonna happen. I'm yet to see n64 emulation [ON THE PSP] running at complete full speed any game so I personally feel that its a waste of time atm.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
On DS? Bugger that I want it for the master system, imagine running Mario 64 on that, it'd be beautiful! PLS!!!!! LOL WTF!

Samurai Snack

PJ64 Cheat Master
The strange thing is, I don't even have a DS...PJ64 on the Wii I can't imagine would be very legal. Makes their VC useless...they would find a way to shut it down.

gsboi15

Why waste their time porting their emulator that can barely run on a machine twice the speed of the PSP, when they can just keep developing for the PC? The answer: Screw that. Tough luck it aint gonna happen. I'm yet to see n64 emulation running at complete full speed any game so I personally feel that its a waste of time atm.

you must be seeing nothing but extremely slow PCs, because at school pj64 can run at 250 fps easily when I turn off the limiter, so obviously there are many computers that run it at "complete full speed any game"

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
yeah? WHAT GAME

coz i've had pj64 running on a Athlon 64 X2 4400, with 2gbs of ram and a Geforce 7950 GT and its never broken more then 100fps.

btw... fps down the bottom, is fields per second, not frames per second.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I was talking about for the PSP actually. PSP n64 emulation i've never seen a game run full speed on. Edited my post to reflect; I started off talking about the PSP and obviously people aren't smart enough to be able to tell I was still talking about the PSP. How could you possibly think I meant PC Emulating the n64? Way to go geniuses ! :D

Now, NES Emulation, that is completely unattainable, a machine of that's power can never be fully understood by our primative human brains. If you can't tell thats sarcasm you've got a screw loose ;)

Last edited: