What's new

The unofficial Daedalus D3D8 Rel. 2 is here, binary and src

kyllit

A bug in DirectX8x

One possible problem with Daedalus unofficial D3D8 is that it uses DirectX8. And there´s a bug of MS in it. In many cases the hardware accleration is off by default, even that Dxdiag shows it enabled. So one has to go to run > dxdiag > display and set directX acceleration off and on again, after that Daedalus D3D works great. No need to update any drivers. Perhaps most of you knew this, but it might give a lot of trouble with games if not noticed.

- kyllit -

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Somone has mentioned that this plugin needs DirectX 8.1 and plus, DirectX 8.0 is not enough. Make sure you have it.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Frame Buffer question

Under "Frame Buffer" I see two "Double Buffer Copy" in the list.

Are these the same? Which is the right one?

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Sorry Rice.

I guess I had missed Duncan's respone in that thread. I just thought no one responded at all so far, my bad.

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
go to start>settings>control panel. there should be something with an nvidia icon :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks Cooliscool,

I just found the settings for the TV out too :)

Unfortunately though , no change in the framerate, I average about 10-15 FPS. This is bloody annoying cos I've just spent £1300 on this computer solely to get away from low frame rates on emulators. :(

Maybe myself or somebody else will figure this out. :)

Jeez, I just tried the Glide64 plugin with the e-voodoo wrapper, and I'm getting crap frame rates with that too.

I'm really pissed, I don't care what kinda buffer copy I'm using or glide wrapper. In fact if the 4 horseman of the apocalypse were riding round stoned and vomiting into the CPU I'd expect 50 FPS on a 2.0 ghz machine. :)

Last edited:

crhylove

Banned
rice:

skybox problem in mario 64, also, yellow spinning stars b4 level entry are half black.

dr. mario worx GREAT, till ingame then staticy problem/no dropping pill. i'm not sure how to turn on frame buffer emulation, your options confuse me a bit :).

1080 crashed, it's that rsp thing, right? where do i get the other rsp? there should be a link in this thread, eh?

auto lambo just got a colored static screen. no idea on this.

banjo kazooie constant jerky problem. all emulation stops for a half second repeatedly. looks really good though, but i've got plenty of time to look with the pauses. :)

beetle adventure racing looked the best i've seen it, but it is not perfect yet, (i somehow got through the rsp crashes in menu). the sky is really messed too, though the cars and effects look really dynamite.

bust a move 2 arcade crashed hard, i had to reload 1964.

calif speed is near perfect. the numbers at the top aren't the right color though. but man it plays nicely.

clay fight 63 1/3 has messed intro, then really nice menu, i mean the nicest gfx i've seen on here that weren't quake 3, then gets a white out screen.

n-rage has some kind of prob w/ cruisn' usa, but it looked REALLY good up to the joystick error message.. lol..

excitebike is the best i've EVER seen it, totally perfect and playable.

fzero-x has ALL kinds of problems, all you can see consistently are the cars.

gauntlet is slow, but beautiful and near perfect in every other way. probably a .8.3c prob?

goldeneye is awesome..... just awesome.

lego racers is the best i've ever seen, when cars are far, though, they are just black boxes. other than that VERY nice.

well that's the first half of the alphabet with my fave roms of the 300. i'll try and post the other 30 or so 2morrow.

btw, any games in particular you want to know about in relation to my setup?

the geforce 3 and your plug are a truly awesome combo!!!

rhy

oh yeah, i'm using .8.3c (all i have!), jabo sound (spotty, but efficient) the rsp turned on, but only gfx selected, i run everything for testing in a 640x480 window. win xp 512 mb, etc. yadda yadda.

Last edited:

angel1981

Hi Rice , do you know some major incompatibility of your plugin with a voodoo 3 card? I ask because when i use d3d on eva 64 with voodoo 3 , the screen is all black ( or all white depending by the tipe of blending I choose ) the game goes on , but the screen is always black except for the mouse pointer ( I tried it with pj 64 1.5 and 1.4 and with 1964 ).:bunny:

Curious

Radeon Problems with New Unofficial Daedalus plugin

Hi Rice,

Will the problems Radeon owners have with the Unofficial Daedalus plugin be resolved when the new 1964 is released. I can not use your plugin it freezes the emulator and crashes my system at present.

C.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Well, let me say this again. I have stopped working on this plugin, let's hope someone will continue it.

Regarding Voodoo cards, this plugin need to be ported back to DirectX 7.0 in order to support 3dfx cards. In fact, glide64 is the best choice for voodoos, I believe he will catch up the 2D ucodes.

crhylove

Banned
damn! that's too bad! i was starting to get some really good results with it. thanks 4 all your work rice. hopefully strmn will keep it goin'!

more feedback:

quake 2 crashes

epsiode 1 racer is the best i've seen it, some minor sky troubles.

beetle adv. racing still has errors pop up even with the new rsp set to not pop them up.

RE2 looks way cool. wierd trailers during the death scenes.

donky kong 64 is the best i've seen it. still has many probs though. those same unknown errors pop up, too.

megaman64 won't boot.

conker just gets unknown error after unknown error. won't really go into game.

cruisn' world has all kinds of glitches and predominantly the tire tracks appear wrong.

majora's mask works really well. i always have cpu idle time when it's running.

mortal kombat 4 all i can see are the shadows mainly.

well good luck 2 whoever continues the plug!!

rhy

a.ciuchina

Hi,
my banjo tooie rom(USA) doesn't work.I tried all the possible to make run the game but it doesn't boot.
I tried with every emulator:project 64,dedalus,ultrahle,superhle,blade 64,tr64 and so on...I downloaded all the inis and video-audio plugins for each emulator,but the result was always the same.Eventually I tried the unofficial daedalus d3d8(whose release said to be able to run banjo tooie)but it didn't work.Please can you help me if you know something(emulator,util,method) allowing to play banjo tooie.
Thanks in advance for your help!
P.S. I also put the comment 'playable' in the ini file but there was no effect.

Andrew

LD.

*poke*
All the emulators that run Banjo-Tooie haven't been released yet. Wait for the a new version of 1964, PJ64, Apollo (or if you're really patient, Nemu ;)) and it'll work. Probably.

Hitman

Mmmh I'm thirsty.
I don't think you should drink that. It looks bad for you.
Nonsense, it makes me feel great, smarter, more agressive. . . . I feel like I could . . . like I could . . .
TAKE OVER THE WORLD !!!

I just loved Day of the Tentacle. What a classic....
LOL:colgate:

Eddy

I Run This
zorbid i wont stress it, but its not hibernating, its not gonna be released any time soon unless emumaniac leaks it (he wont) i rather look up to emulators that i know are being worked on, rather than holding my breath for nemu