What's new

Thank You EmuTalk!

gerrit

Thanks to EmuTalk (especially Martin and apexad) for creating this forum for sixtyforce!

sixtyforce 0.7 is very near a final release and I fully expect it to be ready in the next day or so. The final version will be mostly bug fixes over beta 4, but there's going to be at least one little surprise that I think will make a lot of people happy... so what better way to christen the new forum then to present a work-in-progress screenshot! :)

- Gerrit

PS - For those of you who are new to, or have never heard of sixtyforce, it the Nintendo 64 emulator for the Mac. Check it out at the sixtyforce website: http://www.sixtyforce.com/

goldeneye.jpg

Martin

Administrator
Thanks yourself, the screenshot looks great. :) I posted the news at Emulation64.com. Too bad I don't have a Mac so I can try it, I love testing different emulators. :D

PS. Just made you moderator of this board so feel at home. :flowers: DS.

apexad

yes, indeed! All I can say has been said. No problem we are glad to have you! I hope the feedback from the various threads and testing that will be organized through thos board will progress sixtyforce.

At current time my iBook is not working, I did not have any motivation to get it working, until now that is, so we will see what I can do...

Geoz

De Master
I can't wait till the final release good work keep it up i hope sixtyforce does well in the future; i'd folow it no matter what gr8 job :D

Remote

The screenshot looks nice, I'm dieing to try Sixtyforce but I don't have a mac and nor does any of my freinds. But it's nice to see that you have jumpen on to emutalk so that we can atleast get a closer insight in what it's like. :D

It's fast on my B&W G3 but i still perfer my trusty duron-X86PC.
Also, i'm insterested in my friend's project, mactendo64. He's got a WIP version running a few games and a ton of demos nicely.

kuran

The FPS is probably due to Gerrit's older Mac, the current Sixtyforce gives me fps in excess of 30 in the games I have played on it, of course I use the fps limiter because otherwise it'd be unplayable.

Gerrit, does this mean that Perfect Dark will also be playable? I'm guessing that it isn't, but I can imagine you will get that fixed in the future. Great work!

nicedude455 said:
It's fast on my B&W G3 but i still perfer my trusty duron-X86PC.
Also, i'm insterested in my friend's project, mactendo64. He's got a WIP version running a few games and a ton of demos nicely.

Thats probably because your B&W G3 is almost five year olds now. :)
Does mactendo64 have a website?

i can make a website.. since his doesn't run all the time ( it runs about.. oh, 2 hours a day tops? )

His WIP version is like sixtyforce right now.. without textures ( right now it's wireframes ).

OP
G

gerrit

GoldenEye performance

kuran said:
The FPS is probably due to Gerrit's older Mac, the current Sixtyforce gives me fps in excess of 30 in the games I have played on it, of course I use the fps limiter because otherwise it'd be unplayable.

Gerrit, does this mean that Perfect Dark will also be playable? I'm guessing that it isn't, but I can imagine you will get that fixed in the future. Great work!

GoldenEye will run slower than most games on sixtyforce in 0.7.0. This is because it has about 70,000 TLB hits per second, while other games have.. well.. none. TLB hits (and misses) are expensive and slow things down.

I'm rewriting the TLB for the next version of sixtyforce -- there is A LOT of room for improvement in the speed of the TLB.

Perfect Dark doesn't work yet, but I'm hoping to have it running in the next release.

- Gerrit

kuran

gerrit said:
GoldenEye will run slower than most games on sixtyforce in 0.7.0. This is because it has about 70,000 TLB hits per second, while other games have.. well.. none. TLB hits (and misses) are expensive and slow things down.

I'm rewriting the TLB for the next version of sixtyforce -- there is A LOT of room for improvement in the speed of the TLB.

Perfect Dark doesn't work yet, but I'm hoping to have it running in the next release.

- Gerrit

Thanks for the explanation! Looking forward to future releases.