What's new

Textures disappearing?

jdsony

I have this little problem. I call it little because it's not too bothersome but does make playing some games a little less entertaining. Using Jabo's 1.5.1 Video plugin causes a problem where textures disappear and then reappear when the screen moves. The games that are mainly a problem that I noticed are Mickey's Speedway, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Cruisn Exotica. There may be a couple others that I can't remember. Using the 1.4 plugin doesn't produce this error but it also doesn't work as well or at all with some of these games. There are some other plugins that will work for some of these games I realize but I know this isn't supposed to happen so I'm just wondering if there is a fix.

I have tryed changing the Disabling Internal Geometry which fixes it but causes other graphical weirdness like giving everything a red tint. Also this happens in both Project 64 and 1964.

AMD Athlon 2000+, ATI Radeon 8500, 512mb RAM, Windows XP.

OP
jdsony

jdsony

Hal said:
Thanx for the link

Well I have the 3.1 drivers which I got a few days back to check if that would help. The 3.9 ones I had before and I'm sure this issue has been happening a few versions back too but at one point it was working fine so there must be some driver issue somewhere on my computer effecting this.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
They do allow you to download past versions just in case. I did that when they messed up Morrowind a couple drivers ago (luckily they fixed it with the Nov 5th release).
- Modem

OP
jdsony

jdsony

Well I went back to Catalyst 3.0. (Not a clue why they called the newest drivers Catalyst 3.10 since technically 3.1 and 3.10 are the same number) and my Jabo 1.5.1 Graphic errors are still there. Another problem I was having before was with glN64 graphic plugin. If I enabled framebuffer I didn't get any display at all and it ran with it off but it was quite slow.

Now with Catalyst 3.0 I can enable the framebuffer for glN64 and it works most of the time but it is very slow and I can't switch to full screen because it's just a mess of yellow scanlines over the image which doesn't fit right. Without framebuffer enabled it runs perfect in a 640x480 windows but in full screen 1024x768 it's a little choppy even without bilinear filtering or 2xsai. This is weird because I know most other people don't have this problem even people with the same video card and drivers.

I'm gonna try some other drivers but that can't be the root of the problem.

OP
jdsony

jdsony

Ok well I got glN64 working better. The older drivers have the OpenGL quality turned down a notch so now I fixed that and fullscreen works and the speed seems to be somewhat better but probably should be faster. Mickey's Graphics freeze right after the wavy animation at the start of a race though so that's still an issue.

Trotterwatch

(Not a clue why they called the newest drivers Catalyst 3.10 since technically 3.1 and 3.10 are the same number)

Technically the numbers 1 and 10 are different... one and ten. 3.1 Was the first release of that driver series, this is the tenth.

OP
jdsony

jdsony

Trotterwatch said:
Technically the numbers 1 and 10 are different... one and ten. 3.1 Was the first release of that driver series, this is the tenth.

Yeah I just mean when you start adding decimal points the zero doesn't count...0.5 is half of 1 and 0.50 is still half of 1. I've seen that numbering scheme used before for software but the standard is to use the regular decimal system so it can just be confusing until you realize how they are numbering.

GARNER

I have the same graphics problem with cruisn exotica i have a sis650 graphics card the rest of the game is fine just the same graphics problem as seen in the first screeshot by jdsony please help me thanks alot pls email me with the answer at [email protected] thanks

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The only reasonable option would be to use evoodoo & glide64.
Or, get a new gfx card. That one sucks something horribly.