What's new

tex dumping and export help

TheManchild

i have the tr64 0.8.8 video plugin with tex dumping enabled, so where does it dump the textures? do I have to configure it? How do I do it? And also, how do you dump the actual map geometry? Where does this stuff get dumped to??? I want to make some goldeneye maps for ut2k4...And is it posiable to dump music and sounds? What about meshes? Is there a tut on doing this somewhere? I am new. :huh: Sorry for the bad typing, i have one of those rubber keyboards and its hard to get used to.

MorpheusEternal

Taken from someone's web page (damn i forget who!!):

"how to dump textures & meshes with TR64 OpenGL...

Make a folder called "Tiles" (without quotes) in the root of your emulator directory. Make
sure you place your emulator directory in the root of your hard drive. Place tr64_ogl.dll
in your emulator's plugin directory. Set the graphics plugin of your emulator to TR64
OpenGL vX.X.X. Open your graphics plugin options, and check the box that says "Enable
Texture Dumping" (without quotes). Hit save. Open the ROM of the game you want the
textures from. The textures will be dumped in bmp format to the Tiles directory as they
are rendered. You will get a bad framerate with texture dumping enabled.

For mesh output, do the same, but instead of making a Tiles directory, make a directory
called VRML, and instead of ebableing texture dumping, check "Enable VRML Output". You
COULD do both at once, but I do not reccomend it, because you will get an extremley bad
fps (usually single digit) and your emulator will be crash prone. Enjoy!"

Knuckles

I would first say, you should wait a little, there is a GoldenEye mod for UT2k4 already in progress and I'm in the mapping team, there(site have little problems right now):
http://goldeneye.downclan.com/
Second, if you want Perfect Dark or Mario 64 maps, go there:
http://www.emutalk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109

ok, about the dumping, in order:

i have the tr64 0.8.8 video plugin with tex dumping enabled, so where does it dump the textures?
-it normally dump into the folder TILES in your emulator directory (you might have to create it first)

do I have to configure it?
-as said below, you might have to create the folder first

How do I do it?
-the plugin will export textures as they are loaded in the memory, what you have to do it , when you are about to get where you want, go in the video plugin config and check "Enable texture dumping". now as soon as textures are loaded, they will be dumped in the TILES folder.

And also, how do you dump the actual map geometry?
-Yes, Almost the smae thing for the textures instead, it will dump the geometry in the emulator folder, not in TILES. You wiill only have to check the "Enable VRML output" when you are at the place you want to dump. I will warn you tho, in most cases, you won't be able to dump everything in 1 shot, as for Goldeneye, the game only loads what you need to see, everything else is unloaded so won't be dumped. Also, that plugin export the geometry with VERY BAD proportions, it might take a lot of work to make it loook correctly.

Where does this stuff get dumped to???
-textures in the TILES folder and geometry in the emu folder

I want to make some goldeneye maps for ut2k4...And is it posiable to dump music and sounds?
-For sounds, you moslty have to record them by yourself while running the game
-For music, there are already rips of N64 musics, those are called USF, they can be played using a plugin for winamp, go there:
http://hcs.freeshell.org/usf.html
You can use winamp disk output to write them in wave while playing then convert them to .ogg for UT.

What about meshes? Is there a tut on doing this somewhere? I am new.
-I didn't find any tutorials, if you know how to use 3Ds Max with the ActorX plugin, it should do the trick. there are some 3ds/maya -> unrealED tutorials tho

Sorry for the bad typing, i have one of those rubber keyboards and its hard to get used to.
-Wasn't that bad ;)

There is one more thing, I would suggest you getting Lemmy's lastest video plugin for nemu64, it dumps the geometry already textured (along with the textures of course) all at the same time and with perfect proportions. You can use that plugin with 1964 but not PJ64. It work the same way as the TR64 plugin but it dumps everything under C:/VRML (make the folder first):
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=21092

good luck

OP
T

TheManchild

Thank you, and for the geometry, when I use 1964 and the LemD3D8 plugin, I get a icked bad framerate (less than 3fps) and what program do I use to access the wrl file? Maya? I already have the textures.

c-o-r-e

Im using 3ds max 7 and im having problems seeing the materials/textures... the seem to be on the wrong side or there is a culling conflict. i can view the VRML mesh fine in Cinema 4d though.

Knuckles, maybe you could explain how you did your mod for ut2k4.

EDIT: Nevermind Knuckles i found http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=25503 ill try that first.

(i never found that thread while searching...)

Last edited: