What's new

Terrible Sound Problem on nullDC

Dark Lotus

I use nullDC on windows XP, and the sound is all "cut" and pitched, it fails frequently during the emulation, and changing the AICA plugins doesn't seems to help. Can someone tell me what is the problem with the sound and how could I solve it?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Do all the games you try run at 100% all the time (you can check that on the top of the window or if you enable the "show fps" option on nullPVR)? If not, then this is normal.

If they run at 100% then open nulldc.cfg with a text editor (ie: notepad) and change the following lines:

BufferSize=1024 <-- make this "2048" or "4096"
LimitFPS=1 <-- make sure the number here is "1"
HW_mixing=0 <-- try switching this between "0" and "1" to find which is best for you.

After that run the emulator using the nullAICA sound plugin.

MaddSkillsZ

Try This ....

I use nullDC on windows XP, and the sound is all "cut" and pitched, it fails frequently during the emulation, and changing the AICA plugins doesn't seems to help. Can someone tell me what is the problem with the sound and how could I solve it?

Hey Dark Lotus, give this a try, works for me cause it's also a Vista issue as well. Hopefully u are using nullACIA sound plugin. Open up nullDC.cfg and Ctrl +F
[nullAica]. Below it, change the BufferSize to 2048. So your edit should look like:
[nullAica]
BufferSize=2048
If this doesn't solve your problem, change the 2048 to 4096 (double it). Hope this helps.

OP
D

Dark Lotus

Problema solved

By the way, lowering the volume of windows made the sound of nullDC much neater...