What's new

Tell me more about MMORPG!

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
So..I need to know what is the meanin of Massive Multiplayer Online RPG..
How it can be online?How it can be multiplayer?
Thanx

sheik124

Emutalk Member
i used to play ultima online, what a life waster it was
this is what i'll tell you based on everquest users' stories, they lost girlfriends because of them ok. its basically an RPG, with different servers you can log on to (at least with UO it was), and then all the people are actually controlled by humans (cept for like shop keepers, the NPCs {non-playing characters}) as they would if you were playing like Counter-Strike on line

OP
Pokemoner

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
sheik124 said:
i used to play ultima online, what a life waster it was
this is what i'll tell you based on everquest users' stories, they lost girlfriends because of them ok. its basically an RPG, with different servers you can log on to (at least with UO it was), and then all the people are actually controlled by humans (cept for like shop keepers, the NPCs {non-playing characters}) as they would if you were playing like Counter-Strike on line
mmm..RPG..controlled characters..Counter strike?? :huh:
What Rpg madness :bouncy: ..if it is as I imagine,I'm ready to lose my own girlfriend:)
OK..then how can it be Online??I mean I can play with a 56 dail up modem with good gameplay?(I doubt :plain: )

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Final Fantasy XI supports dialup and broadband(cable, DSL, etc). I've played FFXI since it came out in the US and I love it. It really isn't too bad if you have dialup, except for downloading updates which will take you hours.

OP
Pokemoner

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
GogoTheMimic said:
Final Fantasy XI supports dialup and broadband(cable, DSL, etc). I've played FFXI since it came out in the US and I love it. It really isn't too bad if you have dialup, except for downloading updates which will take you hours.
Unfortunately,I coudnt find FFXI to buy it here in Egypt..
I have a question:This means that the game depends on how much players is playing now..so if I got a very old MMORPG like Everquest I will not find anyone to play with me..Is it right?

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
everquest has a humongous following. I used to play it myself. my problem with these games is that they dont have a single player campaign. forcing you to pay to play a game that you already bought. BTW you do have to pay a monthly subscription for these games to play.

Last edited:
OP
Pokemoner

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
rcgamer said:
everquest has a humongous following. I used to play it myself. my problem with these games is that they dont have a single player campaign. forcing you to pay to play a game that you already bought. BTW you do have to pay a monthly subscription for these games to play.
Ok rcgamer :satisfied Thank u..
Actually alot of new titles is MMORPGs(City of Heroes,Hrizons,Matrix online,Worlds of Warcraft,etc..)so I wanted to know if it deserves attention..And yes..Without single player it's too bad :doh:

Last edited:

sheik124

Emutalk Member
yay masri!
hehe, try everquest, its fun, and if you look hard enough you can download Ultima Online and find some free servers to play on, great for a first MMORPG

OP
Pokemoner

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
sheik124 said:
yay masri!
hehe, try everquest, its fun, and if you look hard enough you can download Ultima Online and find some free servers to play on, great for a first MMORPG
I see U still remember,sheik ;) (How is ur Fx5700:))..I'll try Ultima Online..

GogoTheMimic said:
I'm a Final Fantasy XI guy myself.
All Final Fantasy series are magnificent(best RPG with Zelda)..

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Its easy to explain,

Mass online multiplayer rpgs have:
- No Storyline
- A leveling system
- A huge amount of players
- A lot of maps
- A lot of monsters.

In short, its totally boring, after a while you realize you have been wasting your time, Like I feel about Ragnarok Online.

The whole point of it becomes to show off your level and killing abilites to others. ;)