What's new

TELEGRAM: CPU usage limit

Alpha_1

You have a telegram from your long lost friend, Blacklord:

He didn't want to wait another 6 days 'till his ban expires so he asked me through Yahoo! to tell you the following words:

Blacklord: While I was playing Super Mario Sunshine on Dolphin I could run the programs just as fast as I could run the programs WHILE emulating PJ64...

Does Dolphin have some kind of a system that does not almost drain all of the CPU usage?

This telegram was translated from Romanian to English...

CHECK PLEASE! :bouncy: =] :w00t: :D

Last edited:

Sercio

Huh?
What did you mean?!?
Please, this tells to us more in detail!

p.s.
Germany will lose the football world championchip ;-) <- never ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

Alpha_1

Uhm....i really don't know, wait till 17 June when Blacklord's ban expires, I also have no idea what he told me... I just translated :unsure:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
As if he's been able to run Super Mario Sunshine at full speed, which I doubt.

BlueFalcon7

The only time the CPU is active in PJ64 or Dolphin, is when the window is active, when you click out of it, the CPU pauses, hence "CPU Paused." You cant have 2 active windows at the same time.

OP
A

Alpha_1

oops...Sorry...It seems Blacklord forgot to put in the "as I could run the programs WHILE emulating PJ64"
Post Edited...

Toasty

Sony battery
Even if a program uses every CPU cycle it can get, as long as its priority is less than or equal to that of other processes, the operating system will make sure that the other processes get a portion of CPU time. If PJ64, Dolphin or any other program are utilizing the CPU fully, other programs will probably respond the same way, regardless of which program is hogging the CPU.

Come on guys - why don't you want Blacklord back? Don't you miss his rainbow-colored sigs and expertly composed PJ64 logos? :p

Marce1991

Programmer
He could have put the dolphin process on a low priority, either way whats the point on that?Correct if Im wrong but he said he could run other programs while playing on dolphin at good speed but not that he could run dolphin way faster.

Clements

Technically yes, but Dolphin is so experimental right now that CPU speed makes little difference. Possibly may change in future.