What's new

Swindled a K-Mart Employee

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I was at K-mart earlier since I had gotten some Valentine's money to blow, and I saw a HUGE pile of the latest Zelda promotional disc (OoT, MM, Zelda 1, Zelda 2, 20 Min. Wind Waker Kiosk, Zelda Retrospective, WW video), so I asked the clerk how much could I buy one for. She said that since it said "not for resale" on the box, she'd give me one for free! I was so happy, I got 4 free games! Zelda, nonetheless! Now I have both Zelda Promos.. think of what they'll be worth in a few years. :satisfied (the Zelda Anthem sounds so good on my Cheapo Receiver & Kenwood 4.1 speakers). :sp_canada

To show off my new babies: =]

madmonkeyboy

nice :) these are going for about £20 on E-Bay here in the UK, i wish i had a copy :(
btw i tried to answer in emuforums, but it wont load, it makes me want to through my PC out the window :(

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
My dad once came home with a awesome set of speakers to stick on the tv, the people who worked at curry's threw them away simply because they were both for the left side of the tv. Now they don't throw expensive items out the back anymore :(

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Allnatural said:
That left speaker appears to have a precarious perch.

Yeah. After experimenting, they sound better with the top speaker (there's 2 speakers and a tweeter in each) taken out, giving the speaker an exhaust port. :) Since that pic I've changed some things. I hooked up my PC's Subwoofer (Creative Labs Inspier 4400) and 2 of my PC's speakers, now with a total of 6.1 speakers.. which is this receiver's max output. Sounds alot better. :)

Alpha: Funny. :) :D No, that isn't why I went to "the big house" :p

Allnatural

cooliscool said:
Yeah. After experimenting, they sound better with the top speaker (there's 2 speakers and a tweeter in each) taken out, giving the speaker an exhaust port.
Yikes. Bass ports are supposed to be tuned. You can't just create a hole in a speaker and call it a port.

But, if it sounds better to you... :p

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Allnatural said:
Yikes. Bass ports are supposed to be tuned. You can't just create a hole in a speaker and call it a port.

But, if it sounds better to you... :p

Yeah, I know. :crazy: But, if you've got a similar speaker; try it. You'll see. The exhaust from the speaker creates sort of a low tone from where the top speaker was. :teehee:

I chose the wrong word.. I didn't "swindle" the employee, I just threw her off. ;)

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
Heh I also got mine for free aswell.

Actually Nintendo sent me mine for some reason (no I didn't do any of the offers!)

I went to the nintendo website, registered my gamecube, but didn't have 2 of the 4 games I needed soooooo I couldn't register them.

Then I was going to get a nintendo power magazine subscription to get the disc. I was going to mail in a money order (no credit card) sooo I chose to print out the form. I forgot about it and didn't send it in.

That was about 2 weeks from my birthday.

On my birthday, I got a package from Nintendo... I was like "huh, what's this?" I opened it up and inside was my Zelda Collector's disc!

This made me love Nintendo!