What's new

Surreal64 - Xbox port of 1964 Review

simeonipicke

help

i find on zelda:mask game that its feezes when i try load state is this the game or will it do that on all games on surreal?

OP
D

desertboy

Xbox N64 Emulation Fanatic
simeonipicke said:
i find on zelda:mask game that its feezes when i try load state is this the game or will it do that on all games on surreal?

I never played Zelda:MM on Surreal64 but OOT did crash a lot when trying to load savestates (It only ever happened when loading the savesate for the first time, if it loaded then I could save & load state at will).

Try loading the savestate as soon as the rom loads (sometimes it would take five attempts to actually get it to load), also make sure you save to mempak regulary as well (Which works fine).

I'd leave MM until the update for surreal64 as I believe Rice's 5.6.0 fixes a lot of problems and hopefully the savestate problem will be ironed out. (Loading savestates only seems to be a problem on certain big roms 24+meg, I suspect a memory issue.)

I wouldn't let it put you off this emulator rocks and it's the nicest way I've found to play 4 player N64 games without actually having an N64.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
DarthDazDC said:
I've got a modded xbox and really want to test my roms out with this. Does anyone know of the homepage for it or where i can download it?
Please change your post. it's a illegal binary, like desertboy said it's done with M$ own SDK, that means it's illegal to give a download adn probably asking for it, too!

OP
D

desertboy

JinXD said:

No it's not it's freakydave release which is exactly the same as surreal64 1.0 but with a couple of features but no updated video plugins and no core code changes just joypad sensitivity (Essential for many games but none I actually play) and a way to turn off the xbox's in built flicker filter to get extra sharpness.

We're going to have to wait for oDD to find time to update it but I waited 6 months last time I can happily wait a year this time. I still have my N64 in case of emergency's.

OP
D

desertboy

It should be noted that surreal has had several updates by other authors to include 5.3.1 and the 5.6 rice's plugin I've not tried it for more than a couple of minutes but pilot wings was a lot better.

rumplestiltskin

Emu member... ;)
Guys... im getting really envious reading ur posts!!! i cant get my surreal64 to see the roms on my xbox, has anyone had this problem in the past? its driving me nuts!! i configured all the proper .ini files to point to where my roms are stored but it still cant find them when i fire it up.

anyone know what could be up?

TyRaNtM

Is possible convert Surreal64 of Xbox to GC? Now the things are totally diferent to GC. Don't need BBA adapters, you can use Action Replay+SD, or modchips. Converting Surreal64 to GC should be awesome.

If somebody want convert and don't know GC develop, try this links:

- www.maxconsole.net
- www.gcdev.com
- gcemu.dcemu.com