What's new

Support for .CGC?

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Now, I'm not bugging the emu authors about this to add it, but it would be a nice feature. For those that don't know, a .CGC is a Compressed Gamecube image. Instead of wiping garbage bytes from the .gcm, you can convert it to this, keeping all the data, but making it the shrunk size. Now this would be so much better for me to save space and alot of other people too. If there will be support for these in the future, that would be real great.

NeKo

wow... thats good... that'll be good to add this "feature" to compress GCN's images to save space... i hope any dev to see this thread ;)

tonyrayo

I Love Sushi!
Have you tried loading a CGC file into Dolphin? Perhaps it already works =), if it doesn't, I think it should be something considered, as it would be nice to keep the image as intact as possible.

Vyryn

tonyrayo said:
Have you tried loading a CGC file into Dolphin?

That's the equivalent of asking someone with television problems if the TV is plugged in. I'm pretty sure he tried loading the file first.

ShadowPrince

posty_2k3 said:
Now, I'm not bugging the emu authors about this to add it, but it would be a nice feature. For those that don't know, a .CGC is a Compressed Gamecube image. Instead of wiping garbage bytes from the .gcm, you can convert it to this, keeping all the data, but making it the shrunk size. Now this would be so much better for me to save space and alot of other people too. If there will be support for these in the future, that would be real great.

Ussually GC images with all garbage data not compressible by much with any type of compression you use on them.You HAVE to wipe out garbage data first to get any kind of acceptable results.
Dolphin have built-in utility ,that shrink GCM images by rebuilding file table,effectively removing all garbage data.
Anyway,you can try to rename extension of CGC file to GCM,and see if format compatible with dolphin.

tonyrayo

I Love Sushi!
Vyryn said:
That's the equivalent of asking someone with television problems if the TV is plugged in. I'm pretty sure he tried loading the file first.

You'd be surprize how many people out there don't plug in their TV, it doesn't hurt to ask =).