What's new

Super Mario 64 w/hq4x

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
I just got hq4x working, and I thought I'd just post a few shots of the results thus far. Right now I'm actually using both hq4x and hq2x, and putting the original, and both scaled versions into mip-maps. I don't know if that's how it'll end up in the final version, but it seems to be working okay for now.

I'm still working on getting it to work properly in every case (OoT, for example, is still very buggy with hq4x enabled), but it's looking pretty good with Mario 64.

Here are descriptions of the shots:
1. hq4x disabled
2. Same location with hq4x enabled, notice the text and floor
3. Nice text again
4. Some random shot...

oDD

/me odd
Wow that looks beautiful Orkin. I like it how your emphasis is on quality rather than quantity. Keep up the good work :)

Also to make the textures even crisper what about doubling the size of the textures first using nearest neighbour/point then performing hq4x? ;)

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
AWeSome Screenshots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only a question: about speed....... coz the visualboyadvance runs only at 80~90% with FSkip 1/hq2x and Mame32 Plus (my own compilation for P4's with Intel Compiler) runs at 15FPS/95~100% with FSkip 6/hq2x........

ps.: but don't worry about speed.... my next computer (AMD64 4500+) will run that at full speed!!!!!!!!!!! :D

hint: andrea's lq2x is more faster (Mame32 45FPS/3 FSkip/98~100%).....
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/advancemame/advprj/advance/blit/
you can contact andrea mazzoleni in advance mame forums...... you can think about this possibility in a future..... ;)

Keep the excelent work!!!!!!!!!

vleespet

The decent one
Good job. The floor-textures are looking up-to-date, but unfortunatly the wall-textures are a bit bad, but the rest is looking awesome!

Clements

Amazing stuff! I love those hq filters and it makes the text and stuff look great! :w00t:

blight

Yes, it looks very nice... like anything does with your plugin.
I hope you will release the next version under GPL, then i'm definitly gonna port it ;)

dreamer

i'll have to agree with everyone else and say you've done a great job with the plugin, you can really tell the difference with those mario shots, especially in the detail of the status and text :)