What's new

Strange Problem

negative3k1

Hello All,
I've got an XP1700+ Processor, 512Mb of RAM and ATI RADEON 9600 (Not se or xt) . I downloaded Rice's Video Plugin version 5.4.3b and put it in my plugin directory. Now whenever I try to run any games 1964 either just closes out completely or gives me an "exception in emulator error" . This is happening with all games that i've tried (about 10). I figured it was a plugin issue and tried to change plugins, I tried gl64, Jabo's 1.4, Rices 5.4.1, 5.4.2. I updated my video card a couple days ago, installed the newest catalyst drivers and ran the emulator fine. This is just happening all of the sudden. Any suggestions anyone?

{edit}
I also ran the unistall registry keys in the uninstall folder

Thanks
-Neg

OP
N

negative3k1

Wirt said:
Check to be sure that \Plugin\ dir includes RiceVideo 5.4.3 .ini

Yes it's in there, along with the 5.2.0 ini for the previous versions, and all the other required files for the other plugins.

OP
N

negative3k1

negative3k1 said:
Yes it's in there, along with the 5.2.0 ini for the previous versions, and all the other required files for the other plugins.

Well I solved this one no my own, it was my own fault. I've got a soundblaster extigy. I rarely turn the power off on it, so I never think to turn it back on. Trying to run the emulator with the power off was causing the problem.

Thanks
-Neg