What's new

Strage problem with loading image...already searched on this...

thegeorge43

I've searched on this forum for this thread and only found booting problems so dont crap on me too much if this has been said thousands of times...

Every time I load an image from daemon tools the emu seems to pick it up(well, the loading changes) but then instead of it loading the game it seems to think it is a music cd and goes into the music player. Then when I try to play it from the menu it says plz insert disc.

I already tried different plugins but no luck.
Anyone hav this problem. If u know how to solve this pllllleeez help me.

Acorn

Hmm, sounds like whatever disk you are trying to load isn't "selfboot". Hope that helps.

Weesneak

No it isnt if it goes to the cd screen. Get Utopia bootdisk, its like 3 megs. Put the img on a virtual drive, and then once you get the prompt, move the games image onto the virtual drive. It usually works for me.

Bob_Oso

Chief has one question: How?
(First things first: How do you know it is selfbootable? I know it isn't because it goes to the CD player screen. The only way I know a game is selfboot is beacause it runs corrently when I play it. Apparently that is not the case here.
Sorry, had to get that out.... Now back to friendly Chief Bob_Oso.......)

Try this also, it worked for me:
search the forum for a thread called "GUI selfboot"
You will find a long thread about creating selfboot games (about 20-25 pages).
Around page 13 or so you will find a link to downolad "Exoboot v1.26"
Install this program, run it according to the manual it provides and you will transform a non-selfbooting game to one that is.
Good luck.
One last thing: Hail to he who has created Exoboot. (You will find out who he is when you find this thread). I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting him, but thank him greatly for his generous controbution. I would not be playing MarvelCapcom2 had it not been for his hard work!

OP
T

thegeorge43

ok, thanx for ur help and i used the utopia disc which did load but when it went to the part when the animal spins around with the utopia disc in the background (i'm guessing the game was loading) but it just keeps loading :p

So im going to try this exoboot program. Thank you for ur time and help.

Chankast rocks!!!!!