What's new

Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire (U) (V1.2) [!]

CyberPirate

To start, I am new to this forum. And I would really like to play Star Wars like I used to back in the days when Nintendo 64 was in it's prime. But it doesn't look like Project 64 want to give me the joy to play this wonderful game. I currently have two problems:

The first one is that it flickers a lot. Yes, It did give me a warning about the flicker thing, and I tried to look in the game manual to see if there was a solution and it wasn't.

The second problem is that my FPS goes down to about 14-20 when the game starts.

I tried to search on this forum to find some solutions and all I found was some outdated topics with some nice plugins which unfortunately don't exist anymore, or am I wrong? I believe it was two plugins which was recommended: "Rice Video Plugin" and "glN64".

My computer specifications are:
Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz
nVidia G-Force FX 5500
768 MB RAM

I really hope to get some nice solutions from your guys :)

Sincerely
CyberPirate.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Those two plugins exist, but but IIRC, glN64 has been worked on in ages, so it's old. Rice's has been picked up by mudlord, but I don't know how much work mudlord has put into the plugin after Rice stopped developing it himself.
You should try Glide64 as well if your video card can handle it.

Google or check the Plugins forum.

Last edited:
OP
C

CyberPirate

Alright, so I google'd for Glide64 Wonder ++ and I found the newest release. I downloaded it. When I unzipped it, I entered the folder and had a look at the different files in it. I saw a readme file and started reading. But, the who wrote Glide64 forgot to add installation instructions, but I assume that the folder called "Plugins" are for Project 64 seeing as the other folder had named such as "1964", "Nemu" etcetera etcetera. I moved the files from Plugins into the Project 64 plugins folder. I lunched Projec 64 and went to settings to finally change graphic plugin, but I got several messages saying that it couldn't open Glide64.ll even though it was in the plugins folder. Help would be appreciated.

Sincerely
CyberPirate

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You need a Glide wrapper (Glide3x.dll) in the emulator folder as well, since no card apart from the old Voodoo cards supports Glide natively. IIRC, Glide64 Wonder++ should come with a Glide wrapper.