What's new

SRAM Conversion Question

Curious

Is it possible to convert this save state into a Project 64 eeprom save state?

I really have not got a clue. Please advise.

C.

:innocent:

OP
C

Curious

Hi Orgy,

I tried using this file but it only recognises:

(*.fla;*frm;*sra;*srm)

The files in my attachement are not this type.

Any advice?

C.

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
After a short research i discoverd that the Doctor64 and Z64 Backup units were not able to handle the special 16KB EEPROM (Unlike my superior CD64 which i have fully fixed btw :D) so a crack was written in order to convert the EEPROM to the 128KB SRAM, and this save was written for the cracked rom of DK64, so this is in fact a SRAM save. Unfortunatly for you PJ64 does emulate the 16KB EEPROM thus making this save uncompatible.
Your Only option is to try cracking the rom and then changing the RDB to use SRAM, but that is very unlikely to work.

have a nice day.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah i'm not disagreeing with you, i'm saying i think there's also copy protection in DK64 that causes the saves to get wiped - not confirmed yet

OP
C

Curious

Ogy said:
After a short research i discoverd that the Doctor64 and Z64 Backup units were not able to handle the special 16KB EEPROM (Unlike my superior CD64 which i have fully fixed btw :D) so a crack was written in order to convert the EEPROM to the 128KB SRAM, and this save was written for the cracked rom of DK64, so this is in fact a SRAM save. Unfortunatly for you PJ64 does emulate the 16KB EEPROM thus making this save uncompatible.
Your Only option is to try cracking the rom and then changing the RDB to use SRAM, but that is very unlikely to work.

have a nice day.

Thank for looking into this Ogy, (No "R") this time crazytopp!

It was worth a go I suppose. Again thank you so much for taking the time to check this for me. Much appreciated.

C.