What's new

Speed Boost! ...but not for long :(

thegeorge43

I tried to to use dynarec in dolphin (Emulation menu then Use Dynarec) and it seemed to work really well! instaed of th lags and glitches in the menu you can go pretty damn fast through through them. But as soon as you start playing ingame it goes down to what it normally is. Is there any idea why it does this or solution to fix it??? (maybe in in 1.03?) who knows? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Fool

Me
I dont't think so. Most menus are is 2D so it is easy to emulate. and most inagmes are 3D so it have more to do with GFX files.

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Dynarec is actually the Dynarec Recompiler, which you will see in almost every emulator. It's a technique of emulating what it can emulate and forgetting what would cause slowdowns. [Is that right? Perhaps a coder can verify.]

In menus, however, I believe this was brought up in a post by Trotterwatch. Menus do not have to emulate things outside the screen like 2D and 3D games do, which do not cause slowdowns. Plus, the simplicity of the menus effect this as well; take BAM3K's menus, they're very simple compared to games like Smash Brothers Melee and Metroid Prime.

smcd

@Dynarec, I believe it stands for "Dynamic Recompilation" where the code from the emulated system is translated to the code for the host system running the emulator and then executed - sort of how java does "JIT" compilation.