What's new

Sonic Gems Collection for US gamers

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Okay, I was on n-philes.com just now and stumbled upon information regarding the US verison of Sonic Gems Collection. *Ahem* well, according to Sega, Sonic CD will not have the original sound tracks due to some "licensing issues" (in other words the sound tracks will be crap); not only that, but Vectorman is an included game (which isn't all that great IMO). So, what the holy frikin' crap is Sega's problem?! Are they anti-american pinkos or something?! Well, there's fifty buck Sega ain't gettin', oh and BTW, I have a little message to Sega; I have Sonic CD in ISO format, so your changes will do you no good. And yes, I'm ranting because I needed to prove how stupid companies can release game compilations to the US market. European and Asian gamers are unaffected. Man, did we get gypped (or hosed).

smcd

I kinda liked vectorman 2 :p as for sega re-releases to PC i never really liked them

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I think that Sonic CD will have the original Japanese/Europian soundtrack (the US version had a different soundtrack when it was released). I kinda liked the original soundtrack better than the US one...

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Yeah, just to prove to you how weird the Japanese/European Sonic CD Theme Song is, listen to this mp3 (below):

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You seem not to understand something...

As you already said, Sonic CD will not have the original sound tracks due to some "licensing issues". In that case, Sonic CD WILL have the soundtrack of the original US release (the same that it had on the US Sega CD version).
If Sega manages to solve the "issue" then the game will have the original Japanese/Europian soundtrack (the same that it had on the Japanese/Europian Mega CD version).
Either way, the game will have the same soundtrack as it previously had.

Btw, I like the "You can do anything" track. It's a remix of a track in the SMS/GameGear version of Sonic 2 :)