What's new

Sonic Adventure 2 with Radeon...and stuff

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Hey, guys. Upgrading from a Geforce 2 MX, ANY kind of improvement is good enough for me. I bought a Radeon 9250 the other day and while this particular model is still kind of weak, I can now play games with enhanced features and without severe slowdown. Anyways, after seeing the mess that was "Sonic Adventure 2" on my old GFX card, I thought that it would be a good idea to attempt to play this glitchy catastrophe once again, and I was pleasently surprised. While some bizarre stretched graphics still managed to make their way onto my screen, for the most part they were gone, and after enabling the CAPCOM hack I can now play through the game's levels at full speed with some sort of frame-skipping.

Still, do any of you out there get a FULLY visable image at ALL times? My understanding was that ATI cards didn't have any garbled messes on their screen while attempting to play this game...Oh well. Sorry for asking, but are their any ways to further improve the performance or visual aspects of SA2 on Chankast? And if not, is there some kind of program that'll somewhat "force" frame-skipping on 3D games? Finally, is there a free program that'll allow me to up the color saturation on my pc screen? My old GeForce card had that feature built in, but my new card doesn't. Thanks again!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Chankast has an automatic frameskip option. It is always enabled and you can't control it, nor are there any external tools to force frameskippong to my knowledge (since framskipping can break many games regardless of platform if they skip a single frame).

OP
jessman(reborn)

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Hm...Thanks for the reply. Seriously though...If Chankast has auto-frameskip, then how come most of my games run slowly? Also, SA2 runs like crap unless I turn the Capcom hack on. Confusing...hm...