What's new

Some oblivion screens

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
hdr is disabled with x8xx series cards for whatever reason. i have an x800xt at 500Mhz .

Burpy

My Oblivion ScreenShots

oblivion20060325114915256jr.jpg

oblivion20060325114943700gh.jpg

oblivion20060326085451465km.jpg

oblivion20060325115304689ip.jpg

oblivion20060325115429252rb.jpg

oblivion20060325115802757yp.jpg

oblivion20060325115830409ic.jpg

oblivion20060325115843985pv.jpg

oblivion20060325075900649jj.jpg

oblivion20060325075931351xb.jpg

oblivion20060325120021925ol.jpg

oblivion20060325120735969jb.jpg

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
NICE SHOTS BURPY.

the_z its single player.

zaba_3 it is. ive played with my current char. over 20hours of gametime and havent even touched the main quest. heck, ive barely left imperial city in that time. its huge.

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
heres a few more of mine. finally found some settings i could live with.
for whatever reason im having trouble uploading png's so jpg's will have to suffice.

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
the combat is excellent. no more hit, miss miss misss miss hit. its true fp combat. if you hit the guy he gets hit. the damage depends on the weapon you have and your skill in using those weapons.

WhiteX

I thinkink on getting it, but i really hated morrowind so i decided to ask you guys about it?
I am more of a Fable person than a elder scrolls person, do ya think i´ll enjoy it?

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
i really think you will be thrilled with it. if you have a pc that can run it pretty well that is. its very demanding on your cpu and gpu.

heres some more pics. i now have my setup running nice 1024x768, 6xAA, 16xAF high quality with full trilinear and vsync on. the fps isnt as high but it feels very smooth. also using some ini tweaks and a few mods that have already been put out by the TES community. Who needs HDR when it looks this good now.

My character , leviticus (yeah, generic name but he looks great.
leviticus.jpg

Character closeup without the helm
leviticusface.jpg

a battle with some of the forrest creatures, my horse is getting attacked by a bear.
abattlewithforestcreatures.jpg

Just some nice scenery
aniceview.jpg

the creature who was attacking me in the third pic, talk about being impailed.
arrowriddled.jpg

a pretty picture
beautiful.jpg

WhiteX

RC, is there some mod to improve performance?
I´m on 640x480 and my performance suck, i got no AA or AF, distant things are on, if you want i´ll send you my INI.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There are no mods to improve performance to my knowledge, but tweaking the INI and searching for tweaks can give you a big speedup.
Oh and reduce the view sliders. Especially trees and grass. Made good wonders even on my system which could lag with those at maximum.

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
Doomulation said:
There are no mods to improve performance to my knowledge, but tweaking the INI and searching for tweaks can give you a big speedup.
Oh and reduce the view sliders. Especially trees and grass. Made good wonders even on my system which could lag with those at maximum.

doom what kind of motherboard do you have? if you have an nforce mobo that uses realtek drivers use driver cleaner and take off the realtek audio and use nforce audio. i was getting crashes and other bugs in the game with realtek. having been on the games forums i have noticed many others seem to share this common trait as far as bugs go.

whitex -there is one mod that seems to help a little , its called short grass. it makes all the tall grass shorter and does seem to help a little. plus i think it just looks better. other than that you can try some ini tweaks but for me at least they seem to work for a bit but eventually i find that the default settings work the best.other than that you just have to wait on the patch and hope its got a lot of optomizations. so far, im not liking how bethesda is dealing (or should i say not dealing) with the fans . they havent said a word since the game came out other than a single post saying a patch would be made sometime.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I shall look into the audio matter.
I currently have an ini that gives me tremendous boost in FPS with not much quality sacrifice. Unfortunaly, it seems to hang the computer randomly. I must look into that.

I use Gigabyte K8N-SLI Pro.