What's new

So, I finally tried Pikmin today...

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
That requires more than the half-hour I`ve had to play it for I reckon. I`m not IGNapster after all! ;)
So far so good though. The free trophy added to SSBM is a nice touch as well.

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
I bought it a few hours ago, played about 1-2 hours. Love it so far. It works well as a RTS considering you can't use a mouse. I might write a review for it (I know its been ages since I last wrote one, but I blame it all on school :p).

RatTrap

GODLIKE
hell i make whole websites for free (as you may know).. i find info (sounds, videos included) on jap games for free (know some japs).. i write chronicles to some online mags for free.. i moderate forums on a few places for free.. and i also help out most ppl who asks me about anything in particular that is 3d-related or website or gaming related also for free.. IGN are all about money.. and i don't see anything wrong with it.. but although really their info is sometimes very much on time and pretty good.. their forums are hardly what i would call friendly.. at least they were'nt the last time i was there.. also the idea of being so much into the money thing.. and having those anoying special adds AND the subscription is just in my eyes wrong.. you could get away with one of the two.. but both is a bit much.. eather way it's a huge website and i know they gotta pay their bills and what not.. but being so huge you could probably get with just the special adds or the subscription.. i disagree on having both..

that or maybe i'm just a dumb-ass who should be making money for all my services too hehe..

Raging Fuel

Everything I do on the net I do for free. But I'm not expected to do things full time. The people at IGN for there full time, so of course they are expecting to get paid. I have no problem with paying and still getting some ads (although when you are paying you get a LOT less ads) because whenever I go to a newsagents and buy a magazine I get ads in it as well. I don't see many people going on about how its so crap because you have to pay for the magazines.

Skalkid: I have no problem with you thinking that IGN write dodgy reviews/previews/news (although I disagree), but to me it seems that the only reason you hate them is because you have to pay for their services.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Raging Fuel said:

Skalkid: I have no problem with you thinking that IGN write dodgy reviews/previews/news (although I disagree), but to me it seems that the only reason you hate them is because you have to pay for their services.
No, he hates them because they said that Luigi`s Mansion has "N64 like textures" at some places :)

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
DuDe said:

No, he hates them because they said that Luigi`s Mansion has "N64 like textures" at some places :)
Among other glaring acts of stupidity, yes. ;)
I have nothing against IGN as people, I have a great deal against the way they`ve handled the whole "Pay for news" service. Putting up banner ads which tell us that by visiting the site when we`re not paying for it is killing them, for example. Or paying for things we can easily get elsewhere (`IGNapster exclusive` RE videos I remember for example, which were actually freely available via the OFFICIAL site)... that stuff is frankly crap. Paying to read news stories reviews guides etc all of which are available (and higher quality too) via other full time sites who DO work for free is stupid though. Which again, is Napster all over again.

blizz

personally I think gamespot has a better service that you pay for, it comes without all the bloat that IGN likes to do

IGN wasn't all that great when it was free imo, sure I liked the movies, but the reviews were pap

IMO there is definately room in the market for a GOOD gaming news site based on Subscriptions

Raging Fuel

BTW I also played Burnout and Agent Under Fire for the first time. Burnout rules. That's all I need to say :)

Jaz

Ex-Mod
blizz said:
IMO there is definately room in the market for a GOOD gaming news site based on Subscriptions

Brilliant. That´s our next failed website project then, blizz! ;)

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I`m demanding £10 just for this post alone. If I`m not being paid money for these posts you`re reading, all you`re doing is helping to bankrupt me.

Chaos

Honda
well this realy got off topic, um see im split between X-box and Game Cube... PS2 bad lol. but X-box has so many features like a harddrive, plays DVDs(got one of them) and the games are awsome!, also i heard u can plug in ur USB keyboard and mouse and use them for games like halo.gfx are awsome as well. and a bigger librairy then GC, but GC has mario games, sonic, and a bunch of other great games, and i have had a Nintendo since 1 years old... hehe playing bert color matching game on NES! so i love zelda series, and id defenatly get pikman for GC, hehe i gotta save more money to get a X-box, but gotta save less for GC

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
If I were you, I`d save money for a longer time, and get them both.
But generally, it`s as simple as that : if you REALLY like what ninty does, i.e Zelda and Mario, get a cube, cause those are IMO the only titles that are cube exclusive, and are actually worthwile (well, the RE remakes are good too) . If you don`t, get the other stuff. That`s all.

blizz

DuDe said:
If I were you, I`d save money for a longer time, and get them both.
But generally, it`s simple as that : if you REALLY like what ninty does, i.e Zelda and Mario, get a cube, cause those are IMO the only titles that are cube exclusive, and are actually worthwile (well, the RE remakes are good too) . If you don`t, get the other stuff. That`s all.

you forgot Eternal Darkness :p