What's new

Smash Bros Melee Model Viewer Status

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
So do either of these proggies export the bone and animation data? I really was hoping to get the bone data so the models could be posed..

Btw, Excellent work, to both of you! :D

psychodan

Hosma293 said:
So do either of these proggies export the bone and animation data? I really was hoping to get the bone data so the models could be posed..

...most likely not. You'd be lucky to get an exporter that works on every model.. but asking for it to export more then just geometry and textures is a bit out there... ...that yaz0r guy's viewer doesnt export anything, but his final fantasy one displays some animation.. and Thakis' viewer lets you see animation files, but doesnt export them.

I think Jahra!n is dead... so I dont know a thing about his viewer. SarahHarp's exports OBJ I believe... so its not gonna export any skeleton data thats compatable with max or maya.

besides, rigging models isnt that hard ;D

SarahHarp

Right now, only obj, sorry. And also right now, alot of the files are giving me hastles, but I've been jumping between this viewer and the metroid one.

psychodan

ssbm9ke.png

I must agree Sarah, getting all the models to work is a pain in the butt.. . have you figured out texture decompression yet?

SarahHarp

Oo very nice.. though they need work still (I see you have normal problems)
And I see that YoungLink is textured... < .<
Anyway I almost have it done. I havn't really been focused on the last image type yet, I've more been concerned with getting every file to open nicely.

psychodan

mariotestcopy4kq.png

Yes.. link is textured mainly because of the screenshot you posted earlier... but if this helps, I ripped mario's textures too... I havent even found the textures without dumping from the EMU... ..a friend of mine gave me a shpeal about how some models are compressed and some arent.. Turns out He's on to something

Last edited:

Someone!

Hullo!
SarahHarp said:
Right now, only obj, sorry. And also right now, alot of the files are giving me hastles, but I've been jumping between this viewer and the metroid one.
3DS imports OBJ, yay!
I want the 100% working exporter - viewer!

BoggyB

If the textures are compressed with s3tc (also known as dxt1 thru 5) then I can throw you some VB code which mostly works.

SarahHarp

You're going to have to wait until I finish -.-
And like I said, I have no dates planned for anything, as my schedual is pretty variable. When it's doen then it's done and it'll be up for DL o.o

psychodan

There is one alternative Sarah.. I don't personally plan on releasing an app XD Nope... I'm just gonna have my fun from here... heheheh By the way, I like the icon, its less scary!

Still.. its actually a bit disappointing to see how low detail most of the models are... the level areas specifically. like the massive amounts of open ground in RainbowRide or the first adventure level.. or how oddly long that regeneration area is... ..that bench/fountain thing in the background abruptly ends.. and i never noticed how often they make use of sprites :/

Still, the characters looked good... and then theres the oddlyhigh OMGWTF ones like baby bowser and the koopa troopa that were obvously not meant to be used ingame..

Last edited:

Checkmate

I was interested in finding the trophy description text, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the data files (at least not with a hex editor). I guess it may be in compressed or non-ASCII form, or Nintendo took all the descriptions and made textures out of them! Can anyone help me here?

Someone!

Hullo!
Just wait for the viewer to be out, or watch the descriptions of the trophies from the GameCube (if you own the game, like me) and type them into the PC.
Type, look, type look, and so on...