What's new

Slowdowns big time

minkster

Lately on 1964 or PJ64 I am getting slowdowns in a lot of my games. For instance I could be playing a game like Zelda OOT and it will run 60fps for a good 15minutes, and then slow down tremendously for a good five minutes, then go right back up to normal speed. I even tried making the resolution go down to 640X480X16 and I STILL have the same problem. My card is equivalent to a Radeon7000 so I dont think I should have an issue with this. I've tried new drivers, but that still doesnt seem to be the case. Can someone help me out? This will be much appreciated. Thank you :bouncy: -minkster

Trotterwatch

You been having any slowdowns in PC games? If so it could be something running in the background like findfast etc that does intermittent file indexing work at certain intervals with complete disregard for anything running.

OP
minkster

minkster

Well, I don't have the modern pc games since my card definately can't handle it. I have tried ending task to programs running in the background like ati2evxx.exe which is known to slow down games. I dont have findfast running in that background so I don't think that is one of my issues. Nor do I have any adware,spyware, or trojans on my computer. I just wonder if it could be a memory problem...where I have a memory leak but then it patches up and starts again? Ahh I'm prolly not making sense :p. Hmm...this is really puzzling...

OP
minkster

minkster

EDIT: I did some testing and the only plugins that seem to work on a normal speed at all times are Jabos D3D6 and 7 plugins. The new Jabo's D3D8 plugin and Rices have this problem of getting the full speed and dropping. I dont know if this helps any, but is there settings I can change to obtain a normal speed with using these plugins? Thanks-minkster

OP
minkster

minkster

Ah, I keep finding more things that could lead up to the problem. When I do the DxDiag scan I get this DX error circled below. Could this be the cause of my problems? And how would I go about uninstalling this version because when I try to install it, it detects I already have DX9.0c installed on my computer. I need help badly :p Thanks-minkster

Spacy

You have debug versions of DirectX installed, this means you have installed a DirectX SDK. Open the DirectX control panel and switch everywhere to "Retail" instead of "Debug" Runtime. But I don't think this is the problem, because it should be constantly slower with debug dlls.

I think it's either a problem with you graphics card/driver or a background application.

I don't have such problems.

OP
minkster

minkster

Well I ended up uninstalling SDK, and it still does the same thing....Here are my programs that are running: ezSP_Px.exe , ashDisp.exe, realsched.exe , Alphaxp.exe , taskmgr.exe, ati2evxx.exe, waudt.exe, firefox.exe (All under my name)... Here are the Local Service programs: alg.exe, svchost.exe, and wdfmgr.exe ....Network Service programs: svchost.exe (2) System programs: sv_httpd.exe, PhotoAppSrv.exe, svchost.exe, DkService.exe, ashServ.exe, spoolsv.exe, svchost.exe (2), ati2evxx.exe, lsass.exe, services.exe, winlogon.exe, csrss.exe, ashWebSv.exe, ashMaiSv.exe, UPnPFramework.exe, System and System Idle Process....Well thats it with the programs..if any looks suspicious please post here or pm me :/ Thanks-minkster

ryanraab

might be a overheating problem. It slows down so your computer can cool down. Does your computer have safety measures to slow down. check temp when running the game.