What's new

Sloooow Shenmue 2

astroduck

Athlon XP 2800+ is actually 2.083 Ghz and you can't really compare that to a P4 1.5Ghz since there will be a big differences(different FSB and stuff). You should compare to 2400+ to 2800+ or P4 2.8 to P4 3.0 or something like that.

Also achiles, 1.5 pentium is actually not P3, it is P4 unless I am missing something...

FOXHOUND

SD_DRACULA said:
yeah its true when it comes to gaming in general, pentiums are not quite up to it. i tried shenmue 2 on my 1.5 Pentium M and i got like 25 fps unlike in my desktop with a 2800+ athlon in which i got over 40 fps, laptop processors will always be slower but still AMD is the way to go for games and emus.

i find it hard to believe that you've got 40 Fps in Shenmue 2 with Chankast with a 2,8 Athlon ( of course..it can reach 40 Fps sometimes , but it doesn't mean it runs at 40 constantly ) .
i run Shenmue 2 on a 2,6 Athlon and the Fps stays between 13 - 35 Fps ( CPU to 82 helps a bit )...so it generally runs below 30 Fps , .......my system is clean so this is the best performance a 2,6 Athlon can do ( at least in this version of Chankast )
...so please post the results in the most accurate way possible , you're not helping anyone by doing otherwise.. :canadian:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
astroduck said:
Athlon XP 2800+ is actually 2.083 Ghz and you can't really compare that to a P4 1.5Ghz since there will be a big differences(different FSB and stuff). You should compare to 2400+ to 2800+ or P4 2.8 to P4 3.0 or something like that.

Also achiles, 1.5 pentium is actually not P3, it is P4 unless I am missing something...

No, it's based off of the P3 Tualatin's 1.2V AGTL+ bus, with a 400MHz FSB and 1MB L2 thrown on. Basically it's a really fast PIII Tualatin, but does Intel want you to know that? Nope.

The Pentium M is probably the fastest CPU in terms of architecture that Intel has ever made.

Strange

Hmm, he just can`t get stable 40fps on 2800+ - maybe only sometimes... Because i have only 30-35(sometimes 40) and then in town too many people only 20-30...

SD_DRACULA

Strange said:
Hmm, he just can`t get stable 40fps on 2800+ - maybe only sometimes... Because i have only 30-35(sometimes 40) and then in town too many people only 20-30...
true, i didnt say i get 40fps all the time, but it reaches 40 fps a lot of the time, but when theres lotsa people drops a few fps down.
and the athlons are named after their pentium equivalent, athlon 2800+ and a p4 2800,doesnt matter that the athlon 2800+ runs at 2087mhz, but dont forget that the pentiums use quantispeed (or quad watever) tech, and so the memory runs at like 100mhz or 200mhz x 4
anyway athlons64 rule and i ll get one of them soon i wish i could aford an athlon 64 fx 53 tho. :p

achiles

SD_DRACULA said:
true, i didnt say i get 40fps all the time, but it reaches 40 fps a lot of the time, but when theres lotsa people drops a few fps down.
and the athlons are named after their pentium equivalent, athlon 2800+ and a p4 2800,doesnt matter that the athlon 2800+ runs at 2087mhz, but dont forget that the pentiums use quantispeed (or quad watever) tech, and so the memory runs at like 100mhz or 200mhz x 4
anyway athlons64 rule and i ll get one of them soon i wish i could aford an athlon 64 fx 53 tho. :p

If I look at the sky I get 60fps lol. now that is speed. :party:

OP
R

Rage2Wrath

So does anybody know why its running so slow on my pc?

BIGFOOT_PI

cooliscool said:
No, it's based off of the P3 Tualatin's 1.2V AGTL+ bus, with a 400MHz FSB and 1MB L2 thrown on. Basically it's a really fast PIII Tualatin, but does Intel want you to know that? Nope.

The Pentium M is probably the fastest CPU in terms of architecture that Intel has ever made.

now if they would just make 2.5hghz or faster @800bus versions of the chips (albeit higher heat and wattage) for desktop PCs than they could drop their p4 Pressed$hit CPU :)

Last edited:

BIGFOOT_PI

Rage2Wrath said:
I have a P4 3.0 ghz Hyper Threading 800 Mhz FSB
Radeon 9700 pro oc'ed 391.50/337.0
1Gb pc3300 Ram

And when I run Shenmue 2 in chankast, I am getting like around 17 fps. Is that normal for my setup? The only reason I ask is I forced on 8 sample AA and 16x AF, and saw a big video quality differnce but no performance differnce. It still ran at 17fps, shouldn't it have slowed down with those settings? Please let me know if you guys are getting the same problems.

Its possible it doesnt like yer setup in hyperthreading mode- I have heard some games run WORSE with hyperthreading enabled... but I couldnt say for sure if chancast is one of those... I dont think the video card or the ram is an issue- looks like either a motherboard and cpu performance problem, or you have some background apps eating up your cpu cycles in windows.
ps- I dont know why these guys are hijacking your thread with soul calibur stuff... lets get back on topic here guys- heres a refresher- SLOW SHENMUE2 ... DISCUSS! :)

Last edited: