What's new

[Skies of Arcadia] bug report thread

n00by duddy

I noticed sprite priority issues in battle
After disabling vm music i couldn't exit the status screen...
i'll try to reproduce this
** edit **
actually chankast freezes whenever I exit the status menu whether I change options or not :bye3:

ps: chankast rocks :)

Last edited:

jareg

Just A Guy
n00by duddy said:
I noticed sprite priority issues in battle
After disabling vm music i couldn't exit the status screen...
i'll try to reproduce this
** edit **
actually chankast freezes whenever I exit the status menu whether I change options or not :bye3:

ps: chankast rocks :)

Same thing for me
That prevents me from playing :(

OP
N

n00by duddy

The sprite priority issue in battle is fixed with alpha z-write but I have noticed another bug: after a while the text menus are screwed up (all text menus wether in battle or not), saving and reloading fixes the text.

snap0000.jpg

I heard there's a cheat which can fix some black screens, could someone post it? thanks

Last edited:
OP
N

n00by duddy

tested again arcadia on 0.25 alpha release

firstly the game runs incredibly faster, I get full speed now on my athlon-xp1800+ much thanks to the chankast team (full speed that is 30/30 fps)

now for the bugs, the screwed up text menus are NOT fixed
and the game still freeze when exiting the status screen :(

finally, a new bug in that release: the sounds are screwed up (very noticeable in battle) anyone could confirm?

Last edited:

NiteMare

i've tried alcohol and two differnt deamons, still getting IO error, both cable types...is echleaon still not working?

jareg

Just A Guy
trigger said:
How much fps are u getting?

Mhm full speed that is 30 Fps
i tested it too an Chanka 0,25
When exiting Inventory it crashes but everythnh else seems fine ;)
Gret work Chanka team

Speed Invrease is good

OP
N

n00by duddy

Damn! the text bug is actually not fixed at all!!!
right after the first boss, all the text is screwed up (see pic in previous post)

also, am i the only one having noticed the sounds are screwed up in battle?

jareg

Just A Guy
n00by duddy said:
Damn! the text bug is actually not fixed at all!!!
right after the first boss, all the text is screwed up (see pic in previous post)

also, am i the only one having noticed the sounds are screwed up in battle?

Nope youre not the only won
Me too

But you have to admit its faster :)

MikeEx

i think theres a fix for the text bug, turn off zwrite/alpha test zwrite and turn it back on. worked for me :yawn:

OP
N

n00by duddy

good notice, in 0.25 shifting window/full screen fix the text too
i could go further, but the game crashed on a random battle in the skies... :bye3:

Chandro

Hi, new member alert, sorry in advance if I break any rules.

I've just tried Skies of Arcadia using the latest Chankast 0.25 and it freezes on a black screen (graphical error, sound still works so I think the game might still be going on behind the graphical error) when I exit the menu screen

I know n00by duddy has already mentioned this error but I was wondering if anyone had found a workaround without posting it here, short of never accessing the menu screen.

It works beautfully for the intro, the first mini-battle and then as soon as you get control of your character inside the ship I tried to access the menu and it crashed.

Oh and since this is my first post I'll extend my admiration for the chankast team and their sterling work on this most amazing of achievements. I could scarcely believe how advanced this emulator was when I fired up the first alpha. Runnign commercial Dreamcast games on my PC governer? Surely you jest!

Anyway, I'm rambling. Thanks for reading. :happy smiley with wavy handed greeting:

jareg

Just A Guy
Chandro said:
Hi, new member alert, sorry in advance if I break any rules.

I've just tried Skies of Arcadia using the latest Chankast 0.25 and it freezes on a black screen (graphical error, sound still works so I think the game might still be going on behind the graphical error) when I exit the menu screen

I know n00by duddy has already mentioned this error but I was wondering if anyone had found a workaround without posting it here, short of never accessing the menu screen.

It works beautfully for the intro, the first mini-battle and then as soon as you get control of your character inside the ship I tried to access the menu and it crashed.

Oh and since this is my first post I'll extend my admiration for the chankast team and their sterling work on this most amazing of achievements. I could scarcely believe how advanced this emulator was when I fired up the first alpha. Runnign commercial Dreamcast games on my PC governer? Surely you jest!

Anyway, I'm rambling. Thanks for reading. :happy smiley with wavy handed greeting:

Have tried many things btu still crashes for me too
Its a bad bug :)

Chandro

Ah thanks for the reply, shame I'd have loved to have seen it up and running. Still now there's something even more concrete to look forward to for future releases. I'm sure it's a priority for the Chankast team being one of the Dreamcasts best games.

Instant gratification does make us lazy and unappreciative after all. ;)

Maybe I'll see how far into I can get without using the menu!