What's new

Sims superstar problem!!

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
It's really a diffecult problem to solve and a lot of people faced it...when I install Sims superstar expantion pack and run the game..EA games symbol appears..loading screen after it..then,the game crashes to desktop.I really tried every thing and every patch I found but :down: it's no use..Any body have the solution?
Thanx

Trotterwatch

First things first (and be honest) - legit version or not? (ie purchased or downloaded).

Regardless try disabling sound acceleration in dxdiag.

OP
Pokemoner

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
Trotterwatch said:
First things first (and be honest) - legit version or not? (ie purchased or downloaded).

Regardless try disabling sound acceleration in dxdiag.

Honstly I don't know..I got the 2 cds from a freind that faced the same problem..And I tried to disable Sound Accelerastion but its no use.

Trotterwatch

If you got them from a friend chances are you are falling foul of the copy protection... let's just say the initial warez release had a fair few problems which I will not go into here.

May be worth uninstalling your Sims and all expansion packs (if you can bear maybe losing your families and stuff) then trying it on a fresh install of just The Sims.

OP
Pokemoner

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
Trotterwatch said:
If you got them from a friend chances are you are falling foul of the copy protection... let's just say the initial warez release had a fair few problems which I will not go into here.

May be worth uninstalling your Sims and all expansion packs (if you can bear maybe losing your families and stuff) then trying it on a fresh install of just The Sims.
:saddam: : ops..thanx for worning..Back to Sims,I also tried what u said.. no use my freind..seems its a complecated problem..try other thing..and thanks alot :flowers:

OP
Pokemoner

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
Yeeppii..I found it!!!
It's really simple..its really simple..just delete the fils SOUND.far on Expansion shared and watch it running.
Trotterwatch :thanx alot..u helped me to know that its a sound problem..

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Pokemoner said:
Yeeppii..I found it!!!
It's really simple..its really simple..just delete the fils SOUND.far on Expansion shared and watch it running.
Trotterwatch :thanx alot..u helped me to know that its a sound problem..

You don't lose ingame sounds that way? When my bro's game had the same problem i extracted the sound.far file from unleashed to replace the damaged one. And you could also try to pack the good sound.far in the superstar cabs to make a good copy (but that would requiere a crack and... something to unpack the cabs, wich i don't know if is legal) =]

OP
Pokemoner

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
NeTo said:
You don't lose ingame sounds that way? When my bro's game had the same problem i extracted the sound.far file from unleashed to replace the damaged one. And you could also try to pack the good sound.far in the superstar cabs to make a good copy (but that would requiere a crack and... something to unpack the cabs, wich i don't know if is legal) =]
dont know but there is no messed sound I can obserce..may be there is music or something but I find the game is fully playable when I deleted sound.far on EXPANSION SHARED {not the one on EXPANSIONPACK6 cuz this wont work}
I played it for a while without problems (actually got 4stars) :teehee:
Hey Jaz,blizz stop that :gunman: