What's new

Sid Meiers Civilization **(fairly large pics)

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Truly epic. If you have never played a game of Civilization... you simlpy have to.
For me, I was never exposed to the earlier SNES (Civ 1) and sequel (Civ 2... which was released on PC). It all started with Civilization 3. I remember days when me and my 2 best friends would sit from after school on Friday literally till the end of Saturday on the games 'hotseat" mode (where u can play with people by hotseating... the game is turned based so it makes for an excellent multiplayer mode with friends). Infact, once, we each ate 5 grams of shrooms and played all weekend... the bus me and one friend took to get home (this was monday morning after being wired all weekend hardly moving from the monitor.. only for the occasional smoke break.. food.) the bus we took was the same bus as kids from our school took in the morning to school. So here we are, totally shaggy, pupils dialated (from more shrooms hours before) and we walk on the bus that, like... the people who arent in our drug life but still friends... just like "whoa". Anyways, that probably wont happen to you, and that story was probably something unecessary.

The point is.. this game changed my bloody life style, you want video crack? Its right here, in a neat little "Gold Edition Box Set" (with 2 expansions no less). Anyways.. I'm off to get Civilization IV (which just came out), and i cant stop drooling. Buy it damn you! Buy it!

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
ive been playing civ 4 for the last 2 days. you are in for a treat. everything is just better. graphics , gameplay, sound ,everything. but it retains the same feel if you know what i mean. you sit down to play 20-30 minutes and end up playing for 5 -6 hours. easily one of my best games of the year. Black and white 2 is a close second though.

OP
tye stik

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Haha. Civilization didn't start with Civ1 for the SNES, it started with Civilization for the PC

My bad.

Haha, I love how Stalin is the leader of Russia in Civilization in the screenshots you linked. Thats just classic.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
I'd still highly recommend picking up Civ2 on the PC. You should be able to get it extremely cheap. It's just a game you can play anywhere, anytime, and don't need any sort of fast pc. Best in the series, IMO. :)

OP
tye stik

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
I'm always drunk/baked... whats DXM? I'm sure LSD would be way more intense than shrooms dude. I havent tried acid yet.. but this weekend...

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
cooliscool is either a wicked big geek or a notorious drug dealer :p Probably the former ;)

I havent tried acid yet.. but this weekend...
Good, you can tell us all what it's like playing civ on acid too :evil: