What's new

Should I be able to play Metroid Prime with these specs?

ZackV93

Basically is it possible to run Metroid Prime (And Viewtiful Joe) at or close to full speed with these specs?
Windows XP sp2 32 Bit
Celeron D 3.20ghz (Single Core I think)
nVidia 7800GT
Realtek HD audio
1.5 Gigs of ram

With dolphin so far it is a pain getting past the start screen, havent tried viewtiful joe yet... Any help?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No. You need a dual core if you want speed.

An actual GameCube or a Wii will make you a lot happier though.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
An actual GameCube or a Wii will make you a lot happier though.
Yeah... it's still a problem, if anyone really wants to play a game of a current console on his or her PC. It's emulation, nothing more, nothing less.
But I think emulation isn't the thing I used to know years before... -.-

OP
Z

ZackV93

Ah I thought that since mine was a little faster I could maybe pull it off with a bit of overclocking or something. Any recommendations on what new cpu I should get(cheapest is best)? Also I can use gamecube controllers on my pc so that's the main reason why it would be good for me. Is there any game I could currently run?

omegadox

Yeah... it's still a problem, if anyone really wants to play a game of a current console on his or her PC. It's emulation, nothing more, nothing less.
But I think emulation isn't the thing I used to know years before... -.-
Indeed, people misuse emulation these days.

OP
Z

ZackV93

Bust-A-Move 3000.

Ah sweet, bust a move is awesome. Well I'm thinking about getting a 3.2ghz dual core amd chip, that should run mostly everything right?(things that ARE runnable in the first place anyway.)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes, that should run things faster, but don't expect games to become magically more compatible (i.e. only a handful of games are playable - compare that to the the amount of games in the GameCube library)