What's new

Shots of Rice Daedalus 4.5.0

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
jvolel said:
great job rice, So did adding a 2xsai option help improve the quality of the graphics or what? :phone: :)

I don't know. It is better for some games, and worse for others. The algorithm does not work very well for smooth textures, such as clouds, sky, but works pretty good for text fonts and so on. Try it yourself.

Clements

I've fiddled with the 2XSAI options in both Direct X and Open GL modes, and for me 2XSAI in Open GL works best as the text does not have 'little black bits' in between the letters in Super Mario 64 like in the Direct X mode.

In the Open GL mode, the quality exceeds even glNintendo64() (Although not by much :happy: )

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Clements said:
In the Open GL mode, the quality exceeds even glNintendo64() (Although not by much :happy: )

Clements, thanks.
There is not much we can do, it is just a filter. In fact, I am using the same algorithm as glNintendo64, the result should be the same.
The sharpen filters and smooth filters are my own ones, though. I hope everyone likes to try them.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Mmm. The plugin behaves VERY strangely on my Radeon, the Z-buffer seems to be... how should I put it... screwed. In D3D8.1.

In OpenGL, 2D objects are badly broken, having black lines across them... though in 3D, it looks fantastic.

Oh and enabling the frame buffer has no impact on performance :D

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Tagrineth said:
Mmm. The plugin behaves VERY strangely on my Radeon, the Z-buffer seems to be... how should I put it... screwed. In D3D8.1.

In OpenGL, 2D objects are badly broken, having black lines across them... though in 3D, it looks fantastic.
Both of those happen for most people. Hopefully, they'll get fixed as time goes on.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Check recent posts, there are solutions for DirectX depth problem with Radeon. It is a driver problem, but you can have a solution.

KaioShin

With my Radeon 8500 In Opengl i HAve another strange problem.
Some Figures in Mario 64 for example have strange Face-Textures.
I added a pic which shows this (looks like that guy on the cloud played too much Counter-Strike).