What's new

Service Pack 1 available

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
the surprise was Pilotwings not working... no wait, that was *my* surprise... yours was that Jabo agreed to releasing the update (btw, to whoever asked it's 'small' not 'secret'...), i hope he doesn't regret that, which brings me to point #2:

about Pilotwings, hmm bummer but could work out for the best, use Rice's or something that doesn't have the shadow problem anyway or need "laughy bad shadow fix" (do we have a foreigner on the cheats team?!) :p

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I expected cheatrs and updated rdb but...this suprise...I never expected that! :plain:
Anyway, great work, pj64 team! :happy: :pj64:

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
:blink:
Does this mean, Jabo's working on his plugin again???
*roll eyes*
I thought final meant final...didn't expect anything new....makes it a great surprise :D
Keep it going, guys :happy:

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
no, let me explain what happened:

1.5 came out last year. immediately we noticed all the complaints about "pausing" jabo had a go at fixing it and gave builds to team members, these were internal builds with internal names (no good for releasing even if Jabo had wanted to). This wasn't too hard cos we knew what the problem was, but we decided it wasn't very serious, it was partly a compromise to get other things working better, and Jabo as a rule doesn't do minor releases. I didn't even bother testing it, i was sick of PJ64 at that time.

A month or so ago i tell J i'm releasing an SP and would he like to include anything (previous answer was no, but we still weren't happy with this one aspect of the 1.5 release.. it was the one thing that i personally regretted not catching). He calls it 1.5.1, compiles a release build, and here you go. there may be a few changes not in the logs (happy huntin'!) because he couldn't remeber exactly what he did, it was ages ago.

So basically.. sorry about the delay but if it wasn't this it would just be sitting on our hard drives for ever (however small an improvement it might be).

Last edited:

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Does that mean we can bargain for more progress in the future? (not meant to be a release request ;) )
:happy:

BTW...I don't ever see Jabo around...is he shy or something? :)
I just wonder if he even reads the worships of all the ET-members :)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
no because you've got all the progress. and yes Jabo just posted in another thread here.

decription

Awesome, I love surprise releases soooo much. Just like 1.5 final was a surpirse with the new plugins.

Hate to be a downer but I found one easily fixable problem. In the cheats file for LOZ:MQ under unlimited carrots for epon the Lon Lon Ranch tab has Ranch misspelled.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I'm around, just busy with a complex schema of life, which is why I don't announce things or post screenshots of anything.. I kind of just go with the flow like I always did, it's easier that way, especially since I have multiple projects.

I read emutalk quite a bit, I keep in touch with martin and crew, and my entire dev staff of course, so if you need anything I'll probably end up reading it at some point.

wow Mr. jabo himself talking on pj thread!! :happy:

Ive tested some games and they look like before.. the just two things that ive noticed diferent are the annoying pauses on mk64 are over and link showing up in the pause screen in OoT but he is just there freezed..

thanks for the sp1 jabo/smiff you guys rock!!..
:D

lukeskyd

It's very very difficult fix dr mario 64??

It's very very difficult fix dr mario 64??

I think that the game is nearly perfect but need be fixed only the background when falling the pills..

why this game is so bad supported??

Luke

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
@ Jabo: That's cool...you don't need to make yourself the superstar in the ET, of course...the mystery around the great Jabo is much more interesting...is he human?...does he sleep?...and if so, with a N64-console?... ;) :p
Just wanted to know if you look around here and know how people appreciate your dedication and efforts...you ARE a big part of N64-emulation...
*lol*...I talk as if I wanted to marry you :p
Keep it going :)

tooie

If you want to know more about jabo have a read of
http://www.emulation64.com/pj64interview.php

if you have not already

Engeljaeger said:
@ Jabo: That's cool...you don't need to make yourself the superstar in the ET, of course...the mystery around the great Jabo is much more interesting...is he human?...does he sleep?...and if so, with a N64-console?... ;) :p
Just wanted to know if you look around here and know how people appreciate your dedication and efforts...you ARE a big part of N64-emulation...
*lol*...I talk as if I wanted to marry you :p
Keep it going :)

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
dr. mario is of the most difficult games to emulate.

it is having very difficult frame buffer manipulation for decoding.

but for this is rice daedelus 5.0.1 plugin very good!

good for everything!

:1964: :pj64:

:jabo: :rice:

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
if you're going to post a bug, do us all a favour and post

1) screenshot
2) details
3) comparison with v1.5