What's new

searching for the right external hd enclosure...

Ruthless_Edge

owns a dollar-can buy your ass
ok so here i am again with yet another question regarding help on finding the right hard drive enclosure for my needs. :)

i have a ppc pda phone and often times find myself at home wanting to stream data from my drive connected to my friends pc. so ive been thinking and i want to find the perfect drive enclosure.

price is not TOO much of an option as long as its not absurdly expensive (anything under $200 pretty much lol)

what im looking for is, a hard drive enclosure with usb 2.0 support and ethernet port to plug into the network. hoping to find one with a built in fan and vents in the chassis to let out hot air to keep my drive cool.

basically, i live in a home where im staying with some friends. i no longer have a pc of my own so i use my friends pc with an external drive and a program called mojopac that allows me to have my own virtual guest pc environment without installing anything on his pc. but it would be nice to transfer files to and from my drive on my cell and/or anywhere i may go so i want to be able to connect to the wireless router through ethernet to be able to do so.

ive looked around and find it rather difficult to find that right drive featuring what i need. so any help on this would be much appreciated.

also, i currently am using an ide drive but it would be nice to find an enclosure that also has sata compatibility incase i want to expand in the future.

thanks guys if anyone can help. tried searching newegg but only found like one or two choices, one of which was more than what i wanted lol