What's new

Rival Schools 2 Not loading

halomasta

ok i burned the Raw DOA on a CD-r like a normally do but the game doesn't run. The logo screen appears, then it goes white, then it goe to the dreamcast menu. Do i need to mke it self-bootable or can i use a Utopia boot CD. If i can use a utopia boot cd how do i burn and use it? I already have the files for it. Also the game runs in chankast fine so thats kinda weird.

Last edited:

ja_master

hi, just in this time my friend says to me that he is gonna borrow me that game and i read this topic:

it's an alternative to make it self-boot, because, the original dreamcast, when it is not a disc into the tray, or the tray is opened, the logo appears (without animation), it only says dreamcast, then the image fades and go to the Dreamcast OS Main Menu. Maybe your problem is that the cd is not being detected, it's corrupt or it's not self-boot, or your cd-dvd drive is working weird.
i think you have to make the game self-bootable, in the forum there is a easy and handy tool that make your games self-boot, i don't remember the name, but the program reads your cd for a while (2-3 minutes) while the program is creating the image of the cd, then it make the image self-bootable (this step is the more long, patience), and there it is, now that image is created in cdi format, you have to burn it with you favourite burning program (i prefer alcohol 120) --------> (if the problem not happens anymore, then it was the self-boot the way to fix it)

i never test that game, one of this days a friend is gonna borrow me that game, if the same problem happens to me, i'll make you know, maybe chankast have problems sometime loading the game, without the utopia boot cd

good luck.....

(SORRY IF MY ENGLISH ISN'T SO GOOD)