What's new

RiceVideo 6.1.1 beta 10 source code

Rice

Emulator Developer
Hi, everyone

I have not touched my RiceVideo project for quite a few months. I really do not have time to actively do anything about it. I understand that it has many major/minor problems with different games, but I don't feel to have the motivation to fix them.

So, I would like to release the source code right here. I don't think it matters too much to the N64emu community anyway. If someone, somehow could do something with it, or borrow some ideas from it, I will be happy.

I will be still around here.

Update #1: 04/04/2006
I forgot to include the lib folder into the project. There are PNG related header files and lib files in the lib folder. The problem was pointed out. I have repacked the project files to include all necessary files. Anyone who has downloaded the package before 04/04/2006 needs to redownload it in order to compile it.

Rice

Last edited:

maximius

flowrent said:
So this means 1964 is over too ? :(

Releasing source code = exact opposite of the end. It means somebody with more free time can continue work on it!

Now only if there was 1964 source.. =]

Sirmatto

Don't forget that there's two developers (at least) of 1964: Rice and schibo. While Rice may be done for now, schibo hasn't thrown in the town, or at least he hasn't said anything. So for all we know, schibo could still be working on it, or maybe just doesn't want to release the sources.

Oh and Rice, while you're old versions had a GPL license, and while I see GPL text in the headers of the current sources, I just want to double check, since you didn't specify: is this being released also with a GPL license?

Last edited:

Frederic

MisterCarrot : O64 Coder
Thank you for the code,
Redjack and me are going to learn many important thinks about Video plugins
with it.

peoman

Perhaps you all saw the pic NES_player4LIFE posted.
It says 23-8-04. Does that mean that the developmet of 1964 stoped that time? Today we have 28-3-06. Almost 1 & 1/2 year.

Clements

This may enable the possibility of texture loading on Linux and Mac systems, if the plugin is ported.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Sirmatto said:
Oh and Rice, while you're old versions had a GPL license, and while I see GPL text in the headers of the current sources, I just want to double check, since you didn't specify: is this being released also with a GPL license?

Yes with a GPL license.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
At 04/04/2006, I have updated the project file in order to include the PNG lib and header files.

GogoAckman

FloW3184 said:
I hope this plugin finds its way to Surreal64!

rice_611.JPG

just need to get sub menu working (it was programmed for surreal 64 1.0 in the sources) and it will be ready for a public beta :) .

RottNKorpse

Viva la PJ64!
I love the rice plugin...its the only texture modding plugin I use...hell even know about and it works great for most of my stuff...sad to see Rice is calling it quits but stoked that he is cool enough to give out the source...most are pricks that think its their brainchild and they are the only person with rights to keep working on it....whether they want to or not so thanks Rice...good luck with your future endeavers.

AgentSnoop

Aspect Ratio

I was wondering if anyone knows how to add a change of aspect ratio or whatever (FOV maybe?) kinda like Jabo's D3D8 plugin does. I would use Jabo's but I'd rather have the high quality textures offered by Rice's plugin (as far as i know that's no possible on Jabo's yet).

Now that the source is released, I can attempt it myself, but I'm not that familar yet with were I need to be looking at to implement it. With my new widescreen monitor coming in two days, I'd like to play some Zelda OoT and MM in widescreen if possible. :bouncy: