What's new

rice's plugin makes cpu restart

Trotterwatch

Turn off automatic reboot at an error, and then post what the error you receive is.

To turn off auto-reboot on error:

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System
Go to Advanced
Under the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings...
Under System Failure un-check "Automatically restart"

Also try installing the latest Nvidia drivers, any motherboard drivers and the latest version of Direct X.

Oh and which mode are you using with Rices plugin? OpenGL or D3D?

Shakey_Jake3

Wait... does it make your CPU restart? Or your PC restart? I'm a bit lost at how just a CPU and not the computer itself can restart...

Smiff

Emutalk Member
some people call the big grey box with all the bits in it the "cpu". unfortunate naming methinks... i call that the case or the computer.

Slougi

Smiff said:
some people call the big grey box with all the bits in it the "cpu". unfortunate naming methinks... i call that the case or the computer.
Due to historic reasons, back in the day everyone called it CPU, even technically savy people, the CPU used to always be called processor... So we kinda switched some of that stuff around over time.

Rice

Emulator Developer
I have the restarting problem with my plugin from time to time. I believe that the problem is related to Nvidia driver, (of course it is also related to my coding.) I have never seen the problem with other video cards.

Don't use full screen, dont' play Yoshi and other sprite2D games, you will be fine.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
its not just you rice.. we (i) had continual problems with BSODs in nv4_disp when testing jabo stuff.,.. also on sprite heavy games incidently.