What's new

ricedaedalus plugin with paper mario

linC

when i first tested ricedaedalus 5.01 graphic plugin with paer mario i was very happy to notice that it emulates the game almost perfect; than the game just freezes :plain: ;
can anyone tell me if this is a bug in the plugin or if it doesn't work very well with project64 (with service pack); i sometimes get an error saying that i should modify the rom settings, though the game doesn't freeze with other plugins.
please..

Knuckles

Trek234, try no to double post, there's and edit button.

linC,what is the version of the game (PAL (EUR) or NTSC (US)) and is your roms is a Good rom? try scanning it with GoodN64.
What are you specs(CPU, RAM, Video card)? Also your OS with version of DirectX and drivers for your video card.

Also try to change video plugin, like Glide64 + evoodoo runs it very well .

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You aren't yelled at, and they needn't have reminded you if you had read the rules (they actually suggest that you shouldn't twice or thrice post)...but it's ok, just remember 'til next time.

Trek234

It's just weird... I can understand double posting at the thread level, but I can't recall any other forum caring about a double post within a help thread that is 1. Probably only going to have a few responses and 2. Probably only going to have a handful of people read it. Esp when it is an offer of help. (which seems to be in shorter supply than it could be)

Besides these quick response things being here... you are just asking for it. hehe

Doomulation

Hehe, by all means, twice posting is allowed, but is said to be avoided here ;)
Thrice posting, however, is concidered spamming. :alucard:

OP
linC

linC

thanks for trying to help and sorry that I didn't reply earlier (got some prbl); anyway my spects are AMD Athlon Xp 1600+ with 256DDR and Nvidia GeForece2 Ti, DirectX 9... though I don't think this is the source of my problem; I alse don't think the rom is bad because it works fine (it does not freeze) with other plugins; Glide 64 works very well but there are some errors with the layers I think that make the dialogues sometimes invisible; the thing is that I really liked the way Rice's plugin was working.. maybe this new version will not cause trouble.
thank you

Doomulation

Take a look at your rom anyway because of that message. Get goodn64 from my sig and check it :) Instructions may also be found there.