What's new

Rewriting N-Rage DirectInput8 Transfer Pak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egg_Viper

The Man With The Masterplan
I just tested this plugin in PJ64 1.6 (in Pokémon Stadium 2) and, though it seems to work correctly everywhere else, I can't play the GB game (Pokémon Silver, in this case) through Pokémon Stadium. :(

OP
MadManMarkAu

MadManMarkAu

Transfer Pak Expert
Ok, as I have said on many occasions before, the reason the plugin is not able to play the GB games is because of the emulator, not the plugin. The emulator is incapable of processing in the way Stadium requires for GB emulation. It has to do with the fact that the emulator emulates the internal workings of the N64, rather than emulating each of the chips etc... This is done so that games will be actualy playable on today's computers.

Forgive me if I'm not making sense, it's 4AM now and I'm ready for bed.

For a more complete understanding of why this is not possible, read this thread from earlier on, probably about half way through.

Rah_Meqqah

ok...

Uber-emu noob here...

Just wanted to say thanx and bravo-zulu ('good job' in military terms) to MadManMarkAu on his TransferPak work...

I just found this thread tonight, and lookin back throught the entirety of this thread, you have put a TREMENDOUS amount of effort in to it. Don't you have a job, or something?! lol not that I'm complaining or anything. HA

As most of you may/may not be aware of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire are now out. I'm not sure if the Pokemon Stadium 2 can use them or not (lol I'm a GB-emu kinda guy) but if anybody knows, please reply. I'm feelin a little too lazy to check on the net (besides the fact it's 3:45AM and I gotta go to work in a few hours :p)

Yeah, not much point to this post, but again, Thanx MadManMarkAu for a good job (I hope that Ruby plays on it...*fingers crossed*)

What an idiot...lol the new games are gonna be for Pokemon XD for gameCube...too bad! Atleast I'm still havin fun on this emu tho!!!

Last edited:
OP
MadManMarkAu

MadManMarkAu

Transfer Pak Expert
Yeah, I do have a job, now, and it takes up almost all my time, which is why any more work on this is more or less on hold until any major issue comes up. But back when I was trying to get the RSP and R4300i to multitask I didn't have a job. When I first wrote the TPak code I was in college.

I may look at the pj64 code again sometime in the future, but at the moment, I work 7 days a week, 10 hours a day, so I don't get much time to myself at all. And, on the rare occasion I DO get a day off, I'm usually spending it sleeping or killing brain cells at the pub.

Engel

Can someone Explain me how to use the Plugin (maybe in German) because i am not very good at such things XD
Searched this Thread for a Answer but didn't found something.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
That's because this isn't about using the plugin :p
Maybe if you told us what you wanted to do, we could help.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
madman au, i've found an issue with the transfer pack emulation in nrage v2 1.83

your fixes have allowed Silver and gold paks and saves to work

but Red and Blue, give a message (go to the future) or something.
and when using the yellow rom the save file wont load (yet you can load the yellow save file if you select the blue or red rom file.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.