What's new

Resident evil remake

ResidentEviLzZz

Hello!!!

I have the game "Resident evil 1 remake".
I want to try to emulate it.
So, i'm using dolphin 1.0.3.2
but when i'm starting the game, it comes the warning, than the capcom slogen and then he asks me to format the memory card.

When I say yes or no.. he doenst want to start the game...

plz help

mariokart64n

The games not compatible, Dolphin is not a "COMPLETE" emulator.. there are many games it does not emulate at all. RE1 always locks up, no matter what options, it is like this for any other NGC emu, sorry chum, your out of luck.

Refer to the compatibility list before testing your ROMS.. that way you won't get soo disappointed.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes. Get a Playstation emulator and the Playstation version of RE1 and play that. If you are still looking for a a GameCube emulator with optimal speed, no, you are not going to find one anytime soon.

spotanjo3

Relax, annoying like that is going to get moderator angry and game cube author to closed it someday. I suggest you to be patient and save your game until the emulator is getting better in a years to come or buy the game cube. It is very cheaper right now or just wait for Wii because it will play game cube games. :)

ShadowFX

Guardian
I bought my copy 2 years ago for about 15 dollars, I can imagine it's even cheaper now if you can still find it. Maybe Ebay?

mariokart64n

hehehe i don't like gamecube only for this game i need it!

hmm There is not a gamecube emulator powerful enough to play gamecube games at good speeds yet. Dolphin may be able to boot some games, but likly they'll have graphical glitches or the game may lockup when incountering a function the emu's do support.

gamecube's are cheap anyway. maybe 60bucks at a good pawnshop. trust me there are alot better games then RE1 remake. theres actually like 5. supersmash bros, RE0, RE4, tales of symphonya, and metriod prime.

Also, don't tell nobody i said this, but you can still use that ISO you waited soo long to get. There is such a thing for gamecube called the PSO exploit, it'll allow the gamecube to be the ultimate emulator, if you know what i mean.

-goodluck man

classic leon

It is also the reason I bought GC to play Resident Evil 0, Remake. And MGS: Twin Snake as well.
I sill hope this emu goes complete as there will be more chances modding/hacking RE1 and RE0 for a modded version of Resident Evil 2 or Resident Evil 3.:nuke: :party:

Paul Ocks

Hi

First, please excuse my english as it is not my native. I'm new to the present Dolphin scene but have experience from ePSXe and many other emulators as well. I've been following the development of Dolphin every now and then and thought the project was already dead until recently I noticed that it had been some what resurected and that the emulator seems to be capable of handling certain games (with 'some' problems as we know) to the extent that they are 'fully' playable. I used to have a gamecube myself (had to give it away to my lil' bro) and bought it mainly because of the Zelda and Resident Evil series as 8-bit Nintendo was the console that owned me from the start (The Legend of Zelda) to the extent that I got my first real job working for the games help line for our importer that time somewhere in the early 90's.

Altough lately I've been consentrating mainly on PC games and when I want to get nostalgic with my Laptop; Epsxe emulation I downloaded the 1.03 version of Dolphin and got the Resident Evil Remake and Zero iso's to my HD. I know that the games aren't fully playable yet but I'd like to get them working to the fullest. Si Im asking from the more experienced of you (Resident Evil Remake and Zero) if you could help me giving some advise for the best configurations and settings (plug-ins etc.) to get the max out from the emulator and my laptop. I know laptop isn't exactly your first choise when taking on this kind of a task but it can handle the most recent and demanding games like Crysis for example with dignity so I dont think it's the biggest corner stone at this particular moment at least.

I'm running:

32Bit Vista Home Premium (SP1) (unfortunately)

Acer Aspire 7730G Laptop 17" (1440x900)
Intel Centrino Core2Duo 2.0 Ghz
4 GB DDR2-667
GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB (GDDR3) with DirectX 10
Dolby Home Theater High-definition audio 5.1 HDMI (propably integrated)

Dolphin v. 1.03
Dolphin Video Plugin (DX9)
Dolphin DSP-HLE Plugin
Dolphin GCM Plugin
nJoy v0.2 by Falcon Fever

This far I have only crossed "force bi/triangular filter" in the graphic plugins properties got myself all the way to the title screen which after the screen goes black and stays like that :sombrero: So all help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:

Paul Ocks

Thanks a lot, mate

Done. I assume that I have to replace all the present folders with the latest compile and leave the ones which dont have an upgrade as they were (In other words just extract the file to the Dolphin folder)

Also noticed that the plugins had opengl plugin for graphics. Better option for RE and GeForce cards? I have this feeling that I read somewhere that Dolphin also had OpenGL 2 plugin. Should I get for optimal performance? Any other upgrades needed?