What's new

[Request] Majora's Mask Early Save file

Atlas Graham

Hey all, first post here and already I'm asking for crap. Well, as many of you who've played Majora's Mask know, the save system is utter garbage. Last night my game started glitching out during the Woodfall Temple boss, and then completely crashed right after I beat him. The save that my game has loaded is a few hours back, before the boat ride, before meeting that stupid monkey, and obviously before learning the new songs, so it might as well have started me off right after regaining Link's human form.

I'm wondering if anyone has a Save file, or Save state, right before or right after beating the Woodfall temple. It doesn't matter if the save doesn't have any masks besides the Deku one(Don't care if the masks available up to that point have been found, either.), I can go back an get the the bomb bag, Wallet, hell I don't even mind if I have to redo the temple. Just so long as I don't have to redo everything that lead up to that point in the game.

Name can be any, just so long as it isn't a joke. I'd prefer Link, but... *shrugs*
Also, region can be whatever too. As long as it's in English I'll have no troubles finding a compatible rom for it. Anyone here able to help me out?

tl;dr. Need save before/right after Woodfall temple. Doesn't matter if the save doesn't have many items. No joke names. Region can be any.

OP
Atlas Graham

Atlas Graham

get off my planet.

Ah, you remind me of myself when I was young. Bright eyed and taking the world by storm. I thought I had it all figured out, I had a plan see. I was gonna go places. But then one day, things didn't quite go as I expected them too. Things that should have went smoothly went horribly, horribly wrong. And on that day... On that day, I learned the world isn't kind to anyone. Fate isn't a thing that you can bend to your will, no no no, the funny thing about fate... Is that it's always the one holding the pieces. In YOUR planet, Fate obviously hasn't dealt the same hand it has the majority of us to make you question it. Your planet is one I'll never be able to replicate for myself, and I envy you for that... I envy you...

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

What Squall was pointing out is that this guy was using the Project64 quick save feature, and blaming the in-game save system for the problem.

OP
Atlas Graham

Atlas Graham

What Squall was pointing out is that this guy was using the Project64 quick save feature, and blaming the in-game save system for the problem.

I should certainly hope he wasn't, since I was using the in-game save system exclusively. Majora's Mask's save feature is Quicksave at an owl statue, or playing the song of time for a permanent save. Before I had a chance to do either of these, my game crashed and I had to restart. My Owl save had already been used up for that session so I had to load the Song of Time save, which means everything I did leading up to, and during the temple was reset back to the first Song of Time save I made. In hindsight I SHOULD have been using the quicksave feature.

I was asking for someone's savestate or save file because by some unlucky fluke I was forced to basically restart my game back from the beginning. How did I make it sound like I was blaming Project64's quicksave function?

F

Fanatic 64

When you say "loaded", it is generally assumed that it is a Project64 quick save (because the option to load quick saves is named "Load..." in the menu).

Weird, I know, but I that's how life is :cool:

OP
Atlas Graham

Atlas Graham

Well, I finally found enough time in my day to go through everything again. This time I'm going to make use the Save States, the emulation is just too unsound to safely rely on Majora's Mask's method.

OP
Atlas Graham

Atlas Graham

still save in-game though, just in case (save states aren't 100% reliable)

Well, yeah. Of course. I still trust the In-game save system more then the Save State, I'm just gonna be sure to save every time I do something important. If I'm gonna be forced to replay something due to technical difficulties then I'm going to make sure I only have to replay at most half an hour.