What's new

Really weird picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Re: Re: Re: Really weird picture

jack said:
Wow, so much BS in one paragraph. Not to mention it didn't made sense.

If you even think for a minute that there is a simple answer to this problem, then you obviously haven't advance beyond highschool Algebra. Why don't you go search for something called the " euclidean triangle " and then reply again, genius. :getlost:

Hey genious, check your PM's.

OP
J

jack

Re: Re: Re: Re: Really weird picture

vampireuk said:
Hey genious, check your PM's.

Okay you're really lame, moderator or not.

1) You're obviously bitter to the fact that the problem was not as simple as you thought and by my pointing this out, you became embarrassed and raise my warning to spite back, which is absolutely a misuse of mod powers in all honesty.

2) Since you're itching to know, I'll tell you the answer to this problem: the triangles simply do not make sense. In the figure, we rearrange the pieces and get a hole in the middle. Shouldn't the area be preserved?

3) You call attention to my intelligence in the PM yet you spelled "genious" wrong? You see the irony here?

4) Stipping your mod powers should be in order. :emutalk:

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
First of all you were warned for flaming another member here, second of all I pwn you, want proof that I pwn you? Here, see I pwn you :p

1) You're obviously bitter to the fact that the problem was not as simple as you thought and by my pointing this out, you became embarrassed and raise my warning to spite back, which is absolutely a misuse of mod powers in all honesty.

Nope, someone posted what they thought was the answer and you verbally berated them.

3) You call attention to my intelligence in the PM yet you spelled "genious" wrong? You see the irony here?

I was not making any statement about your intelligence, and who cares about the spelling? I'm the one telling you to watch your posting. Got a problem with it? Read the damn rules

4) Stipping your mod powers should be in order

Because I enforced the rules? riiiiight

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Originally posted by jack
Really weird picture Can someone explain this :geek:

:plain: ok see now im confused by this whole stupid thing.

when i first saw that thread title i though you needed help.
When i saw the picture i thought wtf :geek:

The entire way you have started this thread was a false manner and you went from a false post and the title Can someone explain this, to mr know it all.

now you have had very good and no flaming answers, but you jack haven't obviously heard what you wanted to hear and have gone on a strop.

personally i think you would be better joining a :geek:'y Science club and having this kind debate rather then try to get the same effect here.

I think Vampireuk was very very Fair with you.

I would say learn from the warning (I would have given you more)
and dont go on a strop about this sillyness.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Re: Re: Re: Really weird picture

jack said:

If you even think for a minute that there is a simple answer to this problem, then you obviously haven't advance beyond highschool Algebra.

Well, no, I haven't. In fact, I am barely in college algebra. To be honest, I realy hate math. I get perfect scores in it (I've been recommended to take accelerated math courses for fucks sakes), but I think it sucks because its horribly repetitive. But there is a simple answer, and I found it. You don't need tangents to solve that one, you only need tangents to verify it. Unless your blind as hell, you can just look at it and see that its not shaped the same. Somebody who has solved the puzzle says that it does work, I take their word for it, then I clearly see why it is. Your trying to force people to think too hard when it realy isn't necessary.

jack said:
the triangles simply do not make sense. In the figure, we rearrange the pieces and get a hole in the middle. Shouldn't the area be preserved?

Thats basicaly a one sentence answer of exactly what I said. The difference on my part is that I was deducting how I went about solving it.

Last edited:

Allnatural

Originally posted by jack
I can assure you, this is no illusion. Every figure you see are congruent and you can test them out if you wish. However, be aware that our current math can't explain these triangles. Irrefuteable theorems like A^2+B^2=C^2 has fail in spite of this problem.

With that said, the discrepancy with this picture is the displacement of that one unit. Its disappearance brings question to the laws of physic, which dictates: matter cannot be made or unmade. Scientist believe that the area inside a blackhole is void and empty? Could this be the mathematic representation of a blackhole in space?
:huh: Assuming you're serious, you are over-complicating things.

Or just want to sound really smart. :geek:

It is an illusion, and though the answer has already been hinted at, Here is a wordy explanation if anyone is interested. :)

And with that, I'm closing the thread. It has grown lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.