What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

Typify

Nolife
In 1080 Snowboarding, whenever you finish a match race or retire during a match, you get a glitched blur effect, which can be fixed by using 'Copy framebuffer to RDRAM'.

Oh, and in Mega Man 64 the explosions can only be seen by using 'Use legacy pixel pipeline', too. There are also many other effects that you cannot see without it.

One more thing: Bomberman Hero gets stuck every time when entering the second bonus level.

Last edited:

Clements

For Perfect Dark, in addition to the Horizonscan bug I posted earlier, the Mauler's charge shot is rendered wrong.

See images for comparison.

Edit: Another bug I just remembered: Players and Simulants are not highlighted with their team colour with Teams enabled in the Combat Simulator - they have no highlight. However, kill a player/simulant and they briefly flash the colour they are supposed to be just before they vanish.

Last edited:

darknior

Darknior
Thanks for your work guys ;)

Do you will to UP a new "Project64.rdb" updated file less time ?
With all news fix ...

Neat_Hedgehog

Last mention I saw of Re-Volt in this thread was July 27 2005, so I thought I'd report my own findings. In a few other threads, someone suggested using a different audio plugin, namely Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP2, and said it should work. Well, that might work for others, but it didn't help me one bit.

So I switched back to the default audio plugin since the other didn't make any difference. I tried turning the FX volume all the way down via the in-game options menu. To my surprise, it worked perfectly. Every map runs perfectly on the default CF and I haven't had it lock up on me once. If the FX volume is turned up at all, it will generally freeze again once you enter the game.

Sorry if this has been mentioned in other threads (I did run a search, though), but I thought it should be said in the compatibility thread as well.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Neat_Hedgehog said:
Last mention I saw of Re-Volt in this thread was July 27 2005... tried turning the FX volume all the way down via the in-game options menu. To my surprise, it worked perfectly. Every map runs perfectly on the default CF and I haven't had it lock up on me once. If the FX volume is turned up at all, it will generally freeze again once you enter the game.

superb info, thanks. (and nice of the game programmers to turn of their sound generation like that). could well help us fix that, thanks.

edit: this game seems to be fixed* in 1.7b anyway (cant be sure because this computer is too slow to run the game at full speed anyway; new audio timing may be the fix, but can't be sure either because old timing doesn't work atm!).

Last edited:

Typify

Nolife
djsolidsnake86 said:
exactly what do the rdb file?

Assuming I understood that correctly, RDB file puts the ideal settings for each ROM individually and corrects text in Game FAQ.

I believe >_>

snesmaster40

Typify said:
Assuming I understood that correctly, RDB file puts the ideal settings for each ROM individually and corrects text in Game FAQ.

I believe >_>

Ding, ding, ding

WINNER!

Well kinda, the RDB file is basically the settings file. The GameFAQ is a seperate file

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The RDB has virtually nothing to do with the graphics plugins. RDB settings only affect the PJ64 core and individual rom settings.

Firon

Goemon's Great Adventure (U) [!] should be re-classified as Issues (mixed). All underwater scenes, and one section in the early part of the game uses some kind of effect that makes the entire screen unviewable. Only workaround is to turn on wireframe rendering.

Also, all underwater sections slow down significantly for about 5 seconds whenever you enter / reload a savestate.

(with framebuffer on, without it shows last image in framebuffer)

(wireframe rendering)

The part of the ending where the main characters are talking to the Wiseman crashes PJ64 1.6 + Updates + Jabo's plugins, so you MUST make a native save beforehand when it asks. Not sure if there's a fix for the crash.

Last edited:

Clements

Found an issue in 'Mortal Kombat Trilogy (U) [!]' with PJ64 1.6 + Updates + Jabo's plugins.

Enabling 'Sync game to audio' causes the V/Is to drop from 60 to 50, slowing the game down.

Typify

Nolife
Clements said:
Found an issue in 'Mortal Kombat Trilogy (U) [!]' with PJ64 1.6 + Updates + Jabo's plugins.

Enabling 'Sync game to audio' causes the V/Is to drop from 60 to 50, slowing the game down.

Are the sync slowings actually such issues to be mentioned in this thread? They are so common.

All three THPS games seem to do this, V/I's dropping to about 30 in each, for me at least.

Firon

Turok - Dinosaur Hunter (U) (V1.0, V1.1, V1.2) savestates are unstable. Randomly, (more common if you reload repeatedly and quickly), loading a savestate will cause Dlists and Alists to stop processing (0.0%) in a second or two, making the game hang. Resetting and waiting a few seconds before re-loading the savestate may fix it, but sometimes reloading from native save is necessary. Other savestates will hang too when this happens, seems to stay persistent in memory until a reset.

Turok 2 (U) [!] savestates cause Alists to stop processing randomly when reloading, again more common if you reload repeatedly and quickly. Other savestates will be affected when this happen, stays persistent in memory until a reset.
Sometimes, Dlists stop processing, causing the game to hang (cannot reproduce, seems to be tied in with the Alist + savestate issue). Only fix is to reload savestates until Alists stop processing, since the game won't hang then, to make a native save.

I bet Turok 3's the same, if the first two are any indication. :p I'll find out when I beat 2...

Last edited:

Nathanew

Another think about endless loop. Don't activate the infinite timer in Lon Lon Ranch when you ride a horse (the first time when you are adult) in Zelda: OOT