What's new

Raine v0.91.21 released!

Raine v0.91.21 is released. RAINE is an Emulator for Arcade games. Raine is a M68000 and M68020 arcade game emulator. Raine emulates some M68000 and M68020 arcade games and is mainly focused on Taito and Jaleco games hardware. It started as an experiment with the Rainbow Islands romset, dumped by Aracorn/Romlist. Raine can emulate many nice games now, and new games (previously unemulated) are appearing weekly.

Tsss, shortly after 0.91.20, but big fixes again...

The biggest one is about the 32 bits asm functions which suddenly started to crash in windows. I didn't know because I test in linux and wine doesn't care about the memory regions protections ! What probably happened is that this new protection came with the update of gcc, like what happened in linux. The difference is there is no /proc in windows, making things more messy. If someone knows how to get the base address of the region containing a given function, tell me ! For now I just used some rough approximation... Anyway normally all this asm code works again, assuming I didn't miss anything.

The other big one is that I broke the init of all the neocd games in 0.91.20, sorry, it was easy to fix, but it made a lot of games unloadable !

And the last one is the return of the opengl blits : to fix the asm code I needed to test this in the real windows, and the gui is becoming almost unusable without this feature. So it's back, but this time it's optional, you can disable it in video options / Renderer options / Opengl blits. Like last time, it breaks emudx games and neogeo games using rasters, so it's not an ideal solution, but it's better than nothing, especially if you want fullscreen ! The real fix to that would be sdl2... ! They are enabled by default in windows, and it's saved in the configuration of course.

And I also added some test before saving the neogeo backup ram because mine was probably saved at a bad time and it corrupted it. You'll see a warning if it detects it can't save the backup ram. Afaik, it happens only from the test mode.