What's new

Radeon 9600 Pro

SWAYER_77

imma get a radeon 9600 pro, nothing more nothing less.will n64 roms run full speed (60fps ntsc, 50fps pal) with at least an 800x600 resolution on the latest project 64 with jabos latest graphics plugin?

EDIT: almost forgot my specs lol

866mhz
256mb RAM
windows xp home edition

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Well, your CPU is the bottleneck here, not your GFX card... I don't think that all of the N64 games would work full speed on your specs.

jollyrancher

Yeah, I agree, you won't get full 60fps speed on lots of games with PJ64 because your CPU is the bottleneck... doesn't matter if you get the best video card in the world. You might be in luck with the new unreleased version of 1964... sounds like it should be fast on slower computers.

Flash

Technomage
jollyrancher said:
Yeah, I agree, you won't get full 60fps speed on lots of games with PJ64 because your CPU is the bottleneck... doesn't matter if you get the best video card in the world. You might be in luck with the new unreleased version of 1964... sounds like it should be fast on slower computers.

And... WinXP is a good brake on 256Mb w/ slow CPU =)

I get full speed in almost all games except Blast Corps, Tetrisphere and some others but it's impossible to play these games at full speed on any
known machine (I've tried everything even 2xAthlonMP 2800 with a few gigabytes of RAM and Wildcat VP990 video - still some frame and sound skips while other games going to 250+ fps w/ vsync off ;-))

Flash

Technomage
Sayargh said:
Try Ultrahle 2064 it might be fast for you.
But some games will run on UHLE even slower and there's also well known sound skipping problem. But this emu is really great for playing Doom64, Mario, Mario Kart, F-Zero X and some other games.
And Road Rash 64 - it's for real racing maniacs - never seen anything
SO fast (except, maybe Wing Commander 1 for DOS on 200+ MHz machine :) (huh, WC1 is unplayable even on 486DX2 )