What's new

Questions about graphic card to emulte

kzez1986

I've got some questions about the best graphic card to emulate (especcially Pokemon Colosseum):

1) What graphic card do you reccomend me to play GC games on Dolphin?

2) What results can I expect with my on-board Intel Graphic Mecia Accelerator 900 graphic card on mainboard AsRock 775Dual-915GL?

3) Does better card mean better results in emulation or there is the best graphic card that when I install better I;ll get the same results?

4) Are you enjoyed or frustrated playing GC games on Dolwin on reccomened graphic card?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
1) Any card that supports Pixel Shader 2.0+.
2) Not much of anything.
3) No really. In emulation, the CPU is the most important part as it does almost all the work. having very fast graphics card ultimately means nothing, but you might get something like 1-2 fps faster speed.
4) You can't really call that "playing". Besides, GameCube emulators weren't coded for the purpose of playing games.

Guru64

Well, since his current 'card' doesn't support Pixel Shader 2.0, he must get a new card.

Or even better, get a Gamecube. That's cheaper and works with every game.

Sercio

Im not sure but i think the Architecture of the Flipper Gpu device from Gamecube was Specifies like a ATI Radeon 8500 or 9000 series....
Therefore, I believe the ATI Gpus are suited because they to the architecture of the Gamecubes are similar!
But a Nvidia Gpu chipset must work also!
I think a recommend card is á card wo supports pixel shader 1.1 (not 2) and the same Abilities like a ATI 8500 or 9000...
But im not sure!
I estimate all that only!
The only one to us an answer would be able to give if was Fires;-)

Guru64

The graphics chip in the Gamecube isn't made by ATI. It's made by a company owned by ATI, called ArtX.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it won't make any difference. Just use a good card with Pixel Shader 2.0 support and you're fine.

Sercio

Yes!
But i must say that the Flipper unit in the Gamecube doen´st supports the Pixel-Shader 2...
But its better to have a Card who supports that because ....
ähh...
its better;-)

TerraPhantm

Sercio said:
Im not sure but i think the Architecture of the Flipper Gpu device from Gamecube was Specifies like a ATI Radeon 8500 or 9000 series....
Therefore, I believe the ATI Gpus are suited because they to the architecture of the Gamecubes are similar!
But a Nvidia Gpu chipset must work also!
I think a recommend card is á card wo supports pixel shader 1.1 (not 2) and the same Abilities like a ATI 8500 or 9000...
But im not sure!
I estimate all that only!
The only one to us an answer would be able to give if was Fires;-)
If anything the flipper is most similar to R300 (code name of the Radeon 9500/9700). R300 was designed by the same team that designed Flipper (the team was once a seperate company known as ArtX).

albus

kzez1986 said:
Is it possible to have speed about 20-30 FPS on suitable graphic card?
With a radeon 1900xtx on the legend of zelda wind waker I get around 1-2 fps thats it. The video card doesn't heat up at all either so i'd asume it is mainly going on cpu not the video card. But i must say the creators of this emulator have done an amazing job.