What's new

PSP troubles?

Gorxon

Administrator
Stumbled over an old news post at gamesarefun.com . Check it out: http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4010

Are there anyone of you who have experienced such problems with it or knows people who have? I guess not too many have imported it yet tho.

Anyhow, that disc popping thing is quite funny. Not to mention the wrong placement of X button :plain:

OP
Gorxon

Gorxon

Administrator
That thread made me sick...and not because of people opinions, but most people seriously can't write, and all they do is grumble. Oh well, I have always said that nVforum users are morons ;)

Stezo2k

S-2K
I saw the disc flying problem, that was well funny with ridge racer saying "3,2,1 Go!" and the disc goes flying off to the other side of the room

Looks a great console too, hope sony sort out these probs before the UK release

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Is there a link to that Ridge Racer thing for the lazy among us..?
On the more worrying side, I've already seen my DS take a very nasty somersault down a staircase and survive without a single scratch on it... damn solid as Nintendo stuff always is. Now who wants to bet what a fall like that would do to a PSP? Those things are going to prove incredibly fragile if they can flex like that. But then Sony never did quite have a handle on durability...

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I got it, I love it. Ah Sony, you wacky wacky bunch of corporate puppets masquerading as "teh Gam3rs Friendz"... what will you do next? ;)
No worthwhile games, no reason to buy. I hope that thing gets well and truly 0wned.

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Heh. I was at gamespot.com the other day and learned that the PSP is going sell for $250 MSRP in the US, and Sony's calling it the "Value Pack" with a 32MB memory stick. *scoff*! So much for the "value" of the package. Leave Sony to gyp many would-be PSP users, yet the Japanese are getting them for less than $200. Well, good thing I'm not getting one. Battery life is too short and most of the launch games are just PS2 games that they ported to the PSP. FFVII: Advent Children does look freakin' awesome, though.

Last edited:

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
DVD...*drool*! UMD sucks, though. UMDs flying out, 30 minute battery life in some cases, and loading times. The PSP has many problems, aside from the stupid MSRP. And when it comes to playing movies, kinda pointless to use ths PSP for movies, that's what DVD-ROMs are for. Sony must think people are stupid enough to buy a PSP (no offense to anyone in this thread). This is strictly my biased opinion.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Stalkid64 said:
I got it, I love it. Ah Sony, you wacky wacky bunch of corporate puppets masquerading as "teh Gam3rs Friendz"... what will you do next?
LOL TEH C0RP0R4T3Z!!111

Can't you people snap the fuck out of it? All gaming companies are the same, Shigeru Miyamoto wants your hard owned cash exactly the same way that Bill Gates or the guy that designs games for Sony wants it. No one is a fucking saint in this industry.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
DuDe said:
LOL TEH C0RP0R4T3Z!!111

Can't you people snap the fuck out of it? All gaming companies are the same, Shigeru Miyamoto wants your hard owned cash exactly the same way that Bill Gates or the guy that designs games for Sony wants it. No one is a fucking saint in this industry.

Nintendo tends to be much "nicer" to the consumer.

No, they don't "give us what we want", really... but they don't shaft us either.

They're also a lot more honest - for example, remember the GC/PS2/Xbox hardware debate - PS2: 66 MILLION polys!!!! Xbox: 100 MILLION POLYS!!!1 GC: ...6-12 Million?! etc.

knowitman

dragon_rider said:
Heh. I was at gamespot.com the other day and learned that the PSP is going sell for $250 MSRP in the US, and Sony's calling it the "Value Pack" with a 32MB memory stick. *scoff*! So much for the "value" of the package. Leave Sony to gyp many would-be PSP users, yet the Japanese are getting them for less than $200. Well, good thing I'm not getting one. Battery life is too short and most of the launch games are just PS2 games that they ported to the PSP. FFVII: Advent Children does look freakin' awesome, though.

The Japanese are buying the PSP for under $200 and the only thing they are getting is the PSP. They aren't getting the extra battery pack or the headphones or the memory stick. Just a PSP.

I've heard of gamers getting 5+ hours out of Ridge Racers which is the most battery intensive game so far. The tests that gave the PSP 3 hours of battery life had wi-fi turned on and the volume and brightness set to the max. I also usually won't play 3 or 5 hours in one setting.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/584/584983p1.html has a list of all the launch titles. For your information most of those aren't ports from the PS2. You can say well it has Ape Escape or ATV Offroad Fury, but that would also be like saying the Zelda games for GBC are ports from SNES and you know they aren't. The ones that are ports are also ports from every next gen console, and those are sports games.

Trotterwatch

Tagrineth said:
Nintendo tends to be much "nicer" to the consumer.

No, they don't "give us what we want", really... but they don't shaft us either.

Bollocks > I don't think price fixing is a nice thing personally. And yes I think that is getting shafted.

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Well, at least Nintendo cares about it's consumers, like what was just mentioned. The deal with Sony is that when you report a problem, they ask you to do something that you most likely have already done. For instance, if a game disc isn't being read by the PS/PS2, Sony will say "Did you check the disc for scratches", the gamer says "Yes" and then Sony will say "It could be a defective PS/PS2 unit, you'd better buy another one." I bet Sony will try to pull this crap off with the PSP, too. This is strictly my biased opinion, so don't, you know, criticize. I enjoy the DS and I detest the PSP.

Trotterwatch

For instance, if a game disc isn't being read by the PS/PS2, Sony will say "Did you check the disc for scratches", the gamer says "Yes" and then Sony will say "It could be a defective PS/PS2 unit, you'd better buy another one."

That's odd, I purchased a PS1 ages back 2nd hand. After about 6 months it developed a defect, I called Sony who got a courier to come out the next day to give me a recondition unit. That one developed problems 6 months later, and they sent me another one the next day again by courier! That one I believe is still going strong to this day.

And how does Nintendo care for it's consumers? You say 'as was just mentioned' but I can't really find a post that could relate to.

I bet Sony will try to pull this crap off with the PSP, too. This is strictly my biased opinion, so don't, you know, criticize. I enjoy the DS and I detest the PSP.

In other words you actually have no basis for your rant other than the fact that you are a Nintendo fanboy?..... wow, just wow.

Last edited: